Thread: Ubuntu 11.10 randomly drops internet connection

Ubuntu 11.10 randomly drops internet connection

Hi, Few days before i was using windows 7 but now i install Linux based Ubuntu 11.10 OS on it. It install very well without any problem. I finish this installation in last week. Now when i try to make the internet connection with this OS, it makes connection. But after some time, it drops its connection. I try to perform this internet surfing task on it but it gives problem when i try to do upload or download task. In windows 7 i got near about 1.4 mb/s download speed and 230 kb/s upload speed. BUt in Ubuntu system i found that the speed works near about 54 kb/s download and 4 kb/s upload speed. This is so horrible for me. I used ATT Uverse 3600HGV router for internet connections. Can anyone describe what happens on this ubuntu system? Need meaningful information for fixing this complex issue. Thanks for any such help.

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 randomly drops internet connection

In that situations i suggest to you for reset the connections with your router on this system. Try this and check its result. I hope that this will be work to improve internet performance. In this process, simply unplug power cable and after some time reconnect it for providing correct power supply. Try this and check its details. this is well for you to fix your complex internet connections problem.

You can use the Realtek R8169 driver on this system for doing this connectivity. You found this type of driver on the official site. Try this by downloading and installing task on your laptop system. It worked awesome to used updated driver for such higher internet speed purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Agavoli View Post
    You can use the Realtek R8169 driver on this system for doing this connectivity. You found this type of driver on the official site. Try this by downloading and installing task on your laptop system. It worked awesome to used updated driver for such higher internet speed purpose.
    You can also take help of the third party site to get the right network driver installation with the lightweight ubuntu OS. Hence i would be say that try to install proper driver on your system. This is well for you to fix your internet conneciton problem.

Most of the time such problem arrives due to the internet connections problem. In that case, either reconnect the internet connections. Or may be use the help of the ISP. Internet Service Provider works to fix your complex problem. Try this to get the correct and fully internet connections on your system. This is well for you to fix your problem. It fix your problem.