Thread: Difference between Windows 8 touch screen and normal laptop

Difference between Windows 8 touch screen and normal laptop

I am thinking to buy a new laptop for me but I am confused as Microsoft is releasing Windows 8 for touchscreen devices. So I am thinking to get the same but before that I would like to ask that is it worth to give additional money for this or it will be better to go for just the normal laptop without touchscreen. Also provide me some additional information about this technology. Please reply soon as I need to get this by next week. Thank you in advance between Windows 8 touchscreen and normal laptop.

re: Difference between Windows 8 touch screen and normal laptop

My suggestion to you is to go for the touchscreen one as you will be able o run both Windows 8 and 7 to that without any issue. This will prevent you from thinking that "I would have taken touchscreen device".

There are some technology enthusiasts currently experimenting with the Windows 8 Developer Edition. For the touch device there are sufficiently high resolution are available. It would be nice if you have a touch-screen simulator. The developer version of the Windows 8 Developer Preview is with the Developer Tools (including Visual Studio 2011 Express Edition) and that is required to run this. The bottom line is there is a remote desktop session that is running on Windows 8. Also extend the capabilities of the simulator not approach to real hardware. But it's better than nothing.

Instead of the desktop, the user now has a display with different areas to see. This Metro-interface can also be used with a touchscreen. You can consider the tablet computer for example. Programs can be launched directly but it is also possible to the desktop menu. The Metro-interface displays live tiles or tiles on which information is displayed in real time. This may be the weather, share prices, also incoming e-mails. The 'tiles' are not really new, because they were already integrated in Microsoft smartphone software.

There are also hidden items by default menus that can be investigated. Microsoft promises that the start up time for Windows 8 will soon be less than 10 seconds. There will also be an online shop where users can download apps where software writers offer new software on Windows. I am really excited about this and will install that as soon as the beta version of it will be available.

Microsoft has presented the characteristics of the new operating system Windows 8, defined by the company as the most revolutionary from the time Windows 95 was launched 16 years ago. As reported in the American newspaper USA , known at the time the features are a new and faster system start-ups, can be used with the tablet than with PCs and touch-screen mode (in addition to the traditional mouse and keyboard). Although no date has been set for commercial launch, experts believe that the first trial could be available in February of 2012, while the market ultimately will have to wait until June.

The biggest difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8 may be the much-debated Metro-interface. It is not the touch-screen operation itself, which would be revolutionary in any way. It is the Metro-interface with which Microsoft releases first of its classic operation, which has been anchored over the years or even decades in the minds of Windows users as the classic with the windows, which eventually gave its name to Windows.

Windows 8 starts with the metro standard interface that is remarkably intuitive. Instead of Icon, the user sees the first place tiles and this is same with the Microsoft's mobile operating system as the Windows 7 Phone dominate the surface. These tiles are not static but can be adapted to the particular requirements of the user. With this feature they were able to try on the touch screen build.

Many of the laptop companies have planned to make many models of the touch screen laptops and the demand for them is surely going to increase after Windows 8 release and you will have many options to choose.

Re: Difference between Windows 8 touch screen and normal laptop

You must go for the touch screen as you will get a new experience of the Windows 8. If you are not getting the the touch screen then it might disappoint you.

Re: Difference between Windows 8 touch screen and normal laptop

Quote Originally Posted by AdityaR View Post
    You must go for the touch screen as you will get a new experience of the Windows 8. If you are not getting the the touch screen then it might disappoint you.
    There are many of the such models available. Can you suggest me any of such model which will be best for me.