Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Best Software's for the LINUX

Operating Systems

Old 15-12-2011

Best Software's for the LINUX

I am very new to the Linux and earlier to this I was with the Windows XP operating system and for that I was getting any software easily. So I want to ask that what are the mostly used or best softwares that can be used with the Linux operating system. Please reply.

Old 15-12-2011

Re: Best Software's for the LINUX

If you are searching for the Disk & File Tools then there are many of the software available and I am listing them here: Drive Imaging , File Manager , Folder Sync , Archiver , Partition , Secure Erase , Encryption , CD Recovery , Online Backup , File Copy. This are the names of the softwares that I know and can be used by the LINUX. You can search for the details of these and can use any of these, which you feel will be best you.
Old 15-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoldo View Post
If you are searching for the Disk & File Tools then there are many of the software available and I am listing them here: Drive Imaging , File Manager , Folder Sync , Archiver , Partition , Secure Erase , Encryption , CD Recovery , Online Backup , File Copy. This are the names of the softwares that I know and can be used by the LINUX. You can search for the details of these and can use any of these, which you feel will be best you.
Thank you for your reply but I am searching for some multimedia software that can be used with this. Please reply with the same.
Old 15-12-2011

You can go for the SMPlayer and it aims to be a complete user interface for MPlayer and includes basic features from the reproduction of videos, DVDs and VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters, remember the settings of all files that reproduce and many more.
Old 15-12-2011

I am using the Double Commander which is an alternative to Windows Explorer with two windows for copying and moving files, provides an editor with syntax highlighting, and includes an advanced search; also writes with file operations and supports Unicode and archive formats, ZIP, TAR, GZ, TGZ, BZ2, RPM, CPIO , DEB and RAR.
Old 16-12-2011

Unless you specify that what software you need then how can someone tell you the name of the software as there are many of the softwares available.
Old 17-12-2011

You must have Folder Sync installed in your computer as this is very useful. So you can search for the same and then you will get to know more about this software. I am using the same to manage the files and folders in my computer.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,