Thread: Pros and Cons of Windows 8

Pros and Cons of Windows 8

I am thinking to install the Windows 8 developers preview to my computer but don’t wan to do the dual boot for this. Currently my computer is running Windows 7 on it and now I want to have some experience with the Windows 8 as Windows 8 Developers Preview is already released. I want to know that what are the pros and cons of the Windows 8,so that I can decide if I should move to Windows 8 or not. I request you people to post with pros and cons of this and also your experience with it.

Re: Pros and Cons of Windows 8

I would like to tell you that this is just the developers preview of the Windows 8 and not even the beta version of this. I have heard that the beta version will be available in the January 2012. If you wish to have better performance and with less bugs then you should wait for some time and try the beta version of this as that will give you better performance. This is just my suggestion to you and if you are very excited then you can go for the Windows 8 Developers Preview.

Soon, Windows 8 will enter into Public Beta version. Well they had 3-4 Builds the OS but I think it is time to analyze what they have tried and what will be the final operational system. Windows 8 will be the eighth operating system produced by Microsoft and this operating system from Microsoft sees the shift in another important area and that is the ARM processors. This is very abandoned by Sector Enterprises.

Microsoft has decided to opt for an innovative interface and this is largely inspired by that of its Windows Phone. But I have doubt that will they go to the end of the process by imposing their users? The preview version allows the opportunity to return to the traditional office, presented as a simple application. This coexistence of the two interfaces is the solution for this but With the risk that is unclear. Is this the end of the traditional menu and interface is so familiar to us? Or otherwise Metro will finally a simple wrapper over a Windows version very close to 7?

The Developers Preview and the beta version of this is made to know the pros and cons of any software or even operating system. So you must use the developers preview and report all the bugs to their site so that it will be bug free when launched final version of that. The Windows 8 Developer Preview is available as an ISO file. You will be able to install that with the created installation DVD or binds the ISO file with a helper such as Virtual CloneDrive as a virtual drive. In the subsequent installation of Windows 8 Developer Preview on request will keep all existing programs and settings.

The embedded apps on the tiles can be adjusted individually and exchange. At a Glance Windows 8, for example information about new mail messages from social networks or the current weather. With a sweep of the mouse you changes to the familiar Windows Classic view. In addition to the Metro-surface, Windows 8 Developer Preview encompass the new features such as the revised Windows Explorer with Ribbon control bar. The pre-beta developer preview Status Windows 8 represents only the current state of development. Until the final version of Windows 8, individual designs will be replaced and certainly added many new features.

Windows 8 Developer Preview provides a great view of the upcoming Windows 8. The Metro-surface can already be pretty good test and integrate externally-developed apps. This is good update function for old Windows versions and more than just a visual demonstration.

Windows 8 has been prepared to enter the market and beat their rivals, for this reason that has prepared a number of benefits to its users, specially designed to integrate other tools or platforms such as social networks, the cellular and geolocation. There is one more feature of this and that is, you will be able to make calls and SMS with this and also can receive that but this will be only accessible to the laptops and tablets users and not for the normal desktop PC users.

Microsoft refuses to disclose in advance plans for Windows 8th. This is because the risk is too great that users might be disappointed and if the announced features are not implemented in Windows 8th Nevertheless seep through some information and rumors. For the Microsoft experts and bloggers, the approach for Windows 8 is clear: Even smarter, faster and more user-friendly to the operating system. It is an official code name for Windows 8 yet.People may at least assume that Windows 8 is very different from what users typically expect from Windows. Windows 8 is a major release, lets hope for fundamental changes. There is speculation that Windows 8 will appear with a completely new interface. The visual difference between Windows 7 and Windows Vista was up on the Superbar and some windows functions rather low.

The best thing about this is that the installed programs kin your computer will be updated automatically and you ill not have to check for the update regularly.

Thank you so much all for giving such a nice information about this. I am sure that this is going to be helpful to all the other people who are searching for the same.