Thread: Synaptics driver for Ubuntu

Synaptics driver for Ubuntu

i have synaptics driver in HP ProBook for SuSE. i install ubuntu and have touchpad driver problems. so i just want to convert this driver on ubuntu. so is this possible to do this? and want to configure some graphics too. and i also have problem with my mouse and i have to change the mouse settings. so anyone have any idea about this? i mean how can i do such setting or changes in this?

Re: Synaptics driver for Ubuntu

Synaptics TouchPad driver for Linux offers many options, but not all are visible. In the latest versions of Ubuntu , the Synaptics TouchPad included in most laptops, work without having to install or change anything, thanks to an open source driver that allows its use in graphical environments. you probably want to change some settings, and here it gets a little complicated, but in reality this driver provides all the options that may need touchpad. To do this, we have two complementary alternatives: GSynaptics and configuration files for X. Org

I'm in Ubuntu (currently I'm with Edgy), mainly as a tool to develop software but hope to in my SO Conveter for everything. The main problem is I always had my touchpad settings. When connecting my USB mouse, I work, I have enabled both the touchpad and the mouse that bother me at work. The only way I managed to solve this problem was to change the file / etc/X11/xorg.conf the line

Code:
    <code> Option "Device" "/ dev / input / mice" </ code>
    by

Code:
    <code> Option "Device" "/ dev/input/mouse0" </ code>
    Making only the mouse is active.

The first, not sure but I think that gives you the information does not correspond precisely to ubuntu a synaptics touchpad, if so, then the other driver is being used and is the reason for the error it gives you. The second: If a device compatible with the synaptics driver. I think the device section which refers to the touchpad is correct, it works for me with the line:

Code:
    Option "SHMConfig" "true"
    and the line is at the end of the section.

I have no printer right now and finally I had it was with Vista, but had exactly the same trouble as you have now. Anyway, have you been in the Synaptic Package Manager and embarked Brother in the quick search? It comes up a few posts program that you should have, it says. Then I wonder why you have 9.10? It is being phased out.