Thread: First Expression of Windows 8 developer preview

First Expression of Windows 8 developer preview

I have tried with the Windows 8 developers preview on my computer that was running Windows Vista earlier. It just took 20 minutes to install that completely and this is normal as all of my other friends had the same time while installing this. After completing the installation, I found that all the devices similar to wireless mouse was working well without any problem but it was missing the user notification or sound. I opened the device manager and found that there was yellow triangles in front of the things similar to the webcam. This problem is same for the external hard drive as well. It is working without any problem but it is not showing the notifications like "installing drivers etc". Is this just me who is getting this issue or there are other users with the same problem. Please reply me with some reason or solution to this problem.

Re: First Expression of Windows 8 developer preview

I think that the developers preview version is not made for the general use. I think that there will be availability of the public beta version of this by the end of the January. I think that with the beta version of this, it will improve the product in many of the aspects. The most important that I think about this is the implementation of the bigger driver database. I am also waiting for the same.

For me, the first impression is that, it looks like the Windows 7 is combined with the android desktop and that is getting poped up whenever you click at the place where it was having the start button and this gives me the feeling of the android. I think that this would function better on the devices having the touchscreen interface. Other than this , I found that the keyboard and mouse are getting very hard work to work with the screen and the applications.

Windows 8 is very much improved as compared to their previous operating system and you must try this one time. I am using the same and waiting for the full version to be released. The trial version can be downloaded from the Microsoft Developers website. Both 32 - and 64-bit version is freely available to everyone. You download an ISO file, you can use three ways. You can load in a virtual machine, burn to a DVD (eg with the free ImgBurn), or extract it with WinRAR for example, by installing and run Setup.exe.

The best thing that I liked about this is that the Windows 8 is getting installed in just 15 to 20 minutes and if we compare the same with the Windows 7 or XP then they take more than 30 to 40 minutes. I have installed this and this get installed kin exactly 17 minutes but I was not expecting this short time for this.

Microsoft will soon launch the beta version of Windows 8 and the full versions will be released in mid of 2012. Microsoft after performing several conferences for developers, explained the details of the new version of Windows. This operating system is reinventing itself, but also showed how the new operating system will send live notifications from Facebook, e - mail, among other applications without having to use the start button like the previous versions of Windows.

Windows 8 comes with new enhancements such as a new interface that will control the computer via the touch screen, which will feature an online store to purchase and download free applications. Although this new product is a bit more geared towards tablets, but not permanently, as it will be used on PCs and laptops. This do not require any farther enhancement to your system if you were previously running the windows 7 on your computer. You will be able to use the Windows 8 with the same specification as Windows 7.

With the Windows 8, you will be able to also access Xbox Live and that will lead to computers and tablets offer games, music, movies and TV content. This is one of the most important feature for which I am excited.

Quote Originally Posted by shetty View Post
    With the Windows 8, you will be able to also access Xbox Live and that will lead to computers and tablets offer games, music, movies and TV content. This is one of the most important feature for which I am excited.
    Other than this one of the most striking aspects of Microsoft Windows 8 brings is the hybrid character. Windows 8 is suitable for both the ordinary computer as well as tablets. The operation of these two products is quite different. At a regular computer because you'll navigate with mouse and enter text using the keyboard and in case of the Tablets your fingers are the most important input devices. Microsoft has also chosen two types of shells (interfaces) for Windows 8.

But this is not the only thing that is improved, Windows 8 multitude have also got the detailed improvements, innovations and adaptations. One example is the new task manager (ctrl-alt-del), which seems much improved. Now this is possible to instantly see a list of active programs and how much to commit assault in the processor, memory and hard drive. How heavy the load and that is nicely illustrated in colors. The new job gives management a better overview of what it is all under the hood. I have not installed the Windows 8 on my computer. I got this information from internet and so I thought I should share this with you people.

Here is the hardware requirements that have not changed over Windows 7 and this is the best thing that they have done.
    • 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB of disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    • Touch Screen Support

Just wait by the time the beta version of the Windows 8 is released. It will be possibly available in the month of February. So wait for that and install the beta version.

I want use windows 8. How can I do?

YOu just to download Windows 8 Consumer Preview from here . Before this, make sure your system is compatible with this OS. If you are using Vista or Windows 7 at present than there is no need to check, because windows 8 will run smoothly on this system.