Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Recovering accidentally deleted partitions and data on Vista

Operating Systems

Old 13-12-2011

Recovering accidentally deleted partitions and data on Vista

Hi there, Well my old laptop has been miserable with a virus for so long that i pretty much put it away and didn't bother using it for quite a while. I got it out the other day to give it another go, and using vista recovery disks, restored to factory settings . I had done this before to no avail and once again, this did not solve the problems (dreadfully slow, some programs not working etc.) so i thought i'd give the other option in the recovery a go which obviously was not a good idea. I chose the second option to delete partitions, and data. Now using my vista boot cds, i basically get to the part where it looks for partitions, but it doesnt find any and says
"No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers"

so now im really stuck, have zero idea of what i'm doing, and am getting really peeved that there were no solid warnings against me deleting the partitions in the first place lol.

If anyone at all can even just point me in the right direction, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanx

Old 14-12-2011

re: Recovering accidentally deleted partitions and data on Vista

Brother you had accidentally wiped out the dvd drivers. That is actually not needed but in some systems when the dvd/cd drivers are needed and you have to run them from a separate bootable disc or floppy drive. If you can arrange a Windows 7 bootable disc then this might fix the issue. Insert disc, boot from the same and then run the setup. Second thing go in your bios and look for your CD/DVD settings. Change the CD/DVD mode and then try back. Remember this method will completely wipe out everything. To get a backup you can use a Live CD.

Vista Installation - No device drivers were found

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,