Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

HP desktop Top third part of of screen overbright and internet connectivity issue

Operating Systems

Old 13-12-2011

HP desktop Top third part of of screen overbright and internet connectivity issue

Hi,
Just looking for some opinions before calling a tech. My HP desktop screen suddenly went almost white just on the top 1/3. You can still see, but it's "washed out" looking. At the same time it began having a problem connecting to the internet. It says "local only". We have Verizon FIOS, and that computer is connected via ethernet cable. the Verizon tech tried to help, but I couldn't see the screen well enough to do what he asked me to try. He told me it was most likely a pc issue, and I've been using my sons netbook since then. Any thoughts? Do you think it could be 2 separate issues that happened to coinside?
Thanks!
Judy

Old 14-12-2011

re: HP desktop Top third part of of screen overbright and internet connectivity issue

Do you have a LED monitor. If yes then it is a hardware fault. LED monitors have small bulbs all over the screen which reflects millions of colors. If some of them are working fine and some are damage that part becomes dull. I will recommend you to call the customer care and ask for a repair guy to visit your place. If it is under warranty you will get a replacement.
Old 14-12-2011

Re: HP desktop Top third part of of screen overbright and internet connectivity issue

Thanks!! Is that whats causing the internet connection problem?warantee is over, so new monitor is now on Sants list

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,