Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

No audio in imac after upgrading to OS X Lion

Operating Systems

Old 11-12-2011

No audio in imac after upgrading to OS X Lion

I recently upgraded to Lion on my Imac. The whole thing worked fine, including the audio. Then I installed ProTools .After the ProTools installation, Audio stopped working. ITunes does not play. Garage Band won't even load. I'd simply Google the essential audio driver, download it, and move on. However I am unable to locate such driver when I Google it for a mac.Can someone please help?

Old 11-12-2011

Re: No audio in imac after upgrading to OS X Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Picture View Post
I recently upgraded to Lion on my Imac. The whole thing worked fine, including the audio. Then I installed ProTools .After the ProTools installation, Audio stopped working. ITunes does not play. Garage Band won't even load. I'd simply Google the essential audio driver, download it, and move on. However I am unable to locate such driver when I Google it for a mac.Can someone please help?
Trying looking in "Audio-Midi-Setup.app" in Utilities folder within the Applications folder, if the audio devices are listed there.
Old 11-12-2011

Re: No audio in imac after upgrading to OS X Lion

Tried that, however when I click on the Audio-Midi icon, nothing happens. The icon heading turns from blue to gray, although that's it. No application opens up. No folder, nothing happen. It's like the whole audio system has been zapped.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,