Thread: BIOS recovery not working from the usb disk in HP pavilion DV6700

BIOS recovery not working from the usb disk in HP pavilion DV6700

Actually I’m using the HP pavilion DV6700 laptop and recently I just updated the latest bios version. So after updating the bios from windows I rebooted the laptop and after which what I see is that the laptop screen gone blank. So again I tried turning on the laptop but what I see is the same. Can anyone help me out with this why my laptop screen went blank after updating the bios version?

re: BIOS recovery not working from the usb disk in HP pavilion DV6700

I would like to know have you tried doing the hard reset in the laptop as your screen goes blank. And also want to know what are the other things you tried doing with the laptop.

As after updating to the latest version of the bios, when restarted the laptop I saw the screen went blank. So for this I tried doing the hard reset but still I see the same of the blank screen in the laptop. so is there any other way from where I can fix the issue of the blank screen in the laptop.

Even I’m facing the same issue of the blank screen, while playing the game on the laptop suddenly the laptop got hanged up and was not able to work, so I decided to restart the laptop and after restoring it stucked on the windows logo for several minutes and after it got restarted and now my screen gone blank. Now after trying several times I don’t see any display on the screen. So what can be the problem is that due to the GPU overheating it stopped responding and went to blank screen.

Even I’m facing the same issue of the blank screen, while playing the game on the laptop suddenly the laptop got hanged up and was not able to work, so I decided to restart the laptop and after restoring it stucked on the windows logo for several minutes and after it got restarted and now my screen gone blank. Now after trying several times I don’t see any display on the screen. So what can be the problem is that due to the GPU overheating it stopped responding and went to blank screen.
    For this I would say that you should try the following link I guess you can get the answers regarding your query.

http://forums.techarena.in/portable-...tm#post5513960

I tried with the following things and seem to be worked for me. Here are steps what you should try to follow

1. I downloaded the latest version of the bios from the HP website
    2. After which I downloaded the FAT formatted usb disk with the wincrises.(latest version had problem to write in the usb disc but older version worked well)
    3. Now when running .exe you will see the bios files version A and B.
    4. I tried with the A version, so I would say that try doing with the A version as it should work.
    5. If it doesn’t work then try renaming with the B version.
    6. Now after doing this move the version which you tried renaming to BIOS.wph and paste it in the wincrises folder.
    7. After doing this I made the recovery disk.
    8. Now when tried running for the first time it failed to recovery as for the usb disk I had used the single usb port
    9. So for this I tried changing the usb port to the left side after which it worked well.
    10. Now after this a beep sound came and the laptop turned off and after few seconds it started automatically without any problems.

As the steps you have mentioned here is really helpful but I would like to know which version you used in the wincrises as it would be helpful for me to do this after knowing the exact version.

Re: BIOS recovery not working from the usb disk in HP pavilion DV6700

As there are many versions in the wincrises but you should try doing with the 1.0.0.4 version of Wincrisis, as I did with this, hope it works for you.