Thread: File moved to last place after saving in OS X lion

File moved to last place after saving in OS X lion

I m really getting irritated. If I am using third party application such as Sketchup and I open an accessible file then save it Lion seems to save that file to the location of the last file I saved, not the location of the file I just opened in order to edit it. I then spend 10 minutes annoying to locate it and move it back to where it was in the first place.

re: File moved to last place after saving in OS X lion

I m really getting irritated. If I am using third party application such as Sketchup and I open an accessible file then save it Lion seems to save that file to the location of the last file I saved, not the location of the file I just opened in order to edit it. I then spend 10 minutes annoying to locate it and move it back to where it was in the first place.
    When saving file in Mac os x lion. Click the modest triangle on the Save dialog to choose the destination and then click on save.

if I am working on lots of files at the same time. Say you open a file for reference, to get a figure or something and then you notice something in that file and change it the shut it. It goes somewhere else, is there no way to stop this, I have to specify where I want every file to go. It should go back to the location it came from. Is this such a big ask?

if I am working on plenty of files at the similar time. Say you open a file for reference, to acquire a figure or something and then you notice something in that file and alter it the shut it. It goes somewhere else, is there no way to discontinue this, I have to state where I desire every file to go. It should go back to the location it came from.

Also verify the Application your working in Preferences. Just referencing Creative Suite, for instance, most of the applications permit you to set that preference under a certain aspect.

Re: File moved to last place after saving in OS X lion

In this particular state of affairs just save the document, don't do "save as". It will overwrite the previous old version whoever it happened to be.

If you are using "save as" or some such, click on the field below document name and it will almost certainly demonstrate Recent Places (unless they have removed that in Lion) which might have a shortcut if you were functioning on those files yesterday. I make use of Tiger and as Pondini implied, it has been that way since at least Tiger. on the other hand, some applications have a feature in preferences which let you set a folder to which files will automatically be saved.