Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

unable to do software update in OS X Lion

Operating Systems

Old 08-12-2011

unable to do software update in OS X Lion

After installing OS X Lion. I am unable to do software update. I am getting some strange error while installing 10.7.1,drive volume unable to meet requirement of this update. I dont know whats happening.

Old 08-12-2011

Re: unable to do software update in OS X Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijayabhas View Post
After installing OS X Lion. I am unable to do software update. I am getting some strange error while installing 10.7.1,drive volume unable to meet requirement of this update. I dont know whats happening.
Go to Menu>About.Post your system Information. Try to Get info (-i) on your volume and please let us know about available free space you have.
Old 08-12-2011

My configuration
  • Macbook
  • 2.2 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 2GB Ram
  • Storage - 300 GB
Old 08-12-2011

I am also facing similar difficulty. My configuration is as follows
  • Mac mini 2010
  • 2.4 GHZ Intel COre 2 Duo
  • 4 GB
  • Free space:240 GB

Any help on this issue. I would Appreciate
Old 08-12-2011

How you were attempting to get the update(Software update or MAS)? Try Downloading the combo update and attempt to install it?

(MAS unable to work; you require to either make use of Software Update or basically download and install it physically).
Old 08-12-2011

I have attempt software updates from the apple menu and also downloaded the Lion updates from the support WebPages in development within the application folder, from the desktop and from external drives however without any achievement.

In the interim I entirely erased the disk, reinstalled 10.6 with all updates, and reinstalled 10.7 although still I am unable to update 10.7.1 and 10.7.2. Anyone who can help me to overcome this issue
Old 08-12-2011

I have installed OS X Lion similar way on my Mac Book Air and Mac pro working without any trouble for update 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 .I think the trouble seems to be specific for Mac mini. Apparently many people had this trouble. So i dont
know how to overcome this help. Any help on this issue could be appreciated.
Old 08-12-2011

I consider you will require erasing your hard drive using the original install DVD, reinstall Snow Leopard, and then pay for Lion at the MAS. You merely cannot update a pre-release version - it won't work; you'd have to have the GM version installed. After purchasing and installing the existing Lion version obtainable, you should be capable to update it (if required).
Old 08-12-2011

Erased the disk, reinstalled Snow Leopard and all 10.6 updates. This does not resolve the trouble. Our institutional OS X Lion license will setup and update well on other Macs Nevertheless not on this Mac mini. I observe that this issue is common and many people seems to be affected with this problem.
Old 08-12-2011

Go to menu > About this Mac > click on "Version" to show "Build".
Take a screenshot (shift-3) and post it by choosing the camera icon on the menu bar .
Old 09-12-2011

According to Mac Support community,the build is not developer version. I installed it on my Mac Pro and Mac book air with all updates, Nevertheless not on mac mini. I have now received an installer version of 10.7.2 lion ,which i will attempt to install.I imagine this will recognize coming updates on mac Mini.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,