Thread: Without removing all apps and their data from iOS device, how to disable app syncing ?

Without removing all apps and their data from iOS device, how to disable app syncing ?

Before i was having the iOS 5, at that time I had to sync all those apps installed on my iPhone and iPad to my Mac and for doing that there was so many reasons for that. but now wiht the iOS 5 i am getting there that all app data is being saved to iCloud and also i can see that there are no need to keep syncing apps to my Mac. can here anyone sugest me some way for doing that?? if yes then please reply me back for this. and also repl me back that Would it work if I stopped app syncing and then restored the iOS device from an iCloud backup??

Re: Without removing all apps and their data from iOS device, how to disable app syncing ?

Yes, for doing this i tried with the disabling the app syncing in iTunes and this finished without any problem for that. but now i cant see the option to stop syncing, there is no option for doing that. and after that all now i am getting that it leave all the apps installed on the iOS device. now i am thinking that while doing this, you will get with that it is either keep syncing or stop syncing and lose all your apps, and, more importantly all app data. and also if it will the Apps only then i can also download them again, but if this is going to delete all the Apps data then this will the real pain for me. can here amnyone have the idea for doing that??

Re: Without removing all apps and their data from iOS device, how to disable app syncing ?

hey friend nice question for that. yes, i would also like to know here that why i need to keep ~10gb of apps in my iTunes?? can here anyone tell me the reason for this??

If you are getting that type of the problem then for that let me tell you here that for doing the same things you can also try with the deleting the apps form the computer. if you are going for doing this then keep them in iTunes, and wiht the help of this, it will keep syncing app data just fine. try with doing that and reply me back about this.

Ok, if you are looking for that all then let me tell you that i am having the steps for resolving this. try with this and hope that this will help you for resolving the problem. steps are as:::

• open iTunes and push the buttons "Ctrl" "+" "
    • Takes you to settings
    • Click on Store and uncheck all check box

try with this and reply me back about the results for this. hope that will help in your case.

dude sorry for that, stil didn't get to it. yet for this i am not gettign the proper suggestion this is because my internet connection at home is not working right now. can here anyone tell me that the sync setting is saved on the device as well?? is this right?? and if yes, then will this means that an iOS device restored from iCloud would still have the sync options enabled??

friends, in my case the problem is that want to quit syncing to the computer and instead of this want to sync to iCloud. and i can also see that the same thing with Music Match which are given as::

• If you are going for unchecking the all apps sync then at that time it will cause all installed apps to erase, Not to mention redownloading 15GB of Apps on each iPad and iPhone.
    • and also if you are going for the turnning on Music match on the iOS then this will also delete all the local playlist o just like with Apps, my meticulously organized music is wiped out and Im expected to redownload every song and also not able to make the list mannually.

what can i do for resolving this problem?? if here anyone is having the suggestion for this then please reply me back for this.

Hi all, i am surprised here that still no any suggestion for this problem yet. and for this i can say the main reason is moving everything to the crowd does make sense but unlike other cloud services like Contacts, bookmarks, calendars for then there are no option to MERGE them all. and ao if you are going to try with that all then for this i will tel you that shutting off the local App or Music sync destroys everything, first make sure to this. i am hoping here that someone else will reply for this problem that doesnt result in blaming the end user. hope that someone will reply here soon.

yes, i tried with that and i get that this is really working fine for me. after following your suggestion i tried with the one app and it worked as expected. and for that reason now i have decided to delete all my iTunes apps and i can sync no problem. i am not gettign the reason for that, i dont know is that expected behavior or just some sort of a bug.

Ok, for the same reason, i have tried with the iCloud restore. and after that i get that the iPad was restored from iCloud without problems. but when i tried with connecting this to the iTunes at that time i get there that the Sync Apps option was already checked. how can this be possible ??? now i am thinking that this ption is saved on the iPad, am i right?? please tell me the reason for this. and also reply me back what happens when you was tried with teh same??