Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2011

Cannot Install win XP plz help

I have a Compaq presario CQ40 which was running on Windows 7 Ultimate . One fine day the sys refused to boot and just hanged at the 'starting windows' and the four colour icon. and then stut down . after several attempts to boot from the DVD I gave up and took out the harddisk and formatted it on a desktop using win XP using USB convertot rack for SATA drives. The Harddisk is clean now, after I inserted back the hard disk and tried to install win XP it gives the error as NTLDR missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart. I even changed the boot order to internal CD/DVD ROM as first boot but in vain...... plz help what should I do. I want to now install win XP as my OS.
Old 05-12-2011

Re: Cannot Install win XP plz help

Well its really an annoying error but there is not just 1 or 2 reasons for NTLDR missing error. It could be because of corrupted NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM file, or if the HDD is not properly setup in BIOS, or if the IDE/EIDE hard disk drive cable is faulty or loose and many more. So what best i can suggest you is, just go through these articles. You will surely find any working solution for it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,