Thread: Cannot boot properly with Windows 8

Cannot boot properly with Windows 8

I have installed the Windows 8 on my computer and problem is that I am not able to boot in either normal mode or in safe mode. I ,have already tried with both but none of them worked for me. Earlier, I was using the Windows 7 on my computer and recently installed Windows 8 to it. It takes just 15 to 20 mins for the installation. I am unsure that there is some problem with the installation or what. I tried by many ways but the result is negative. Please tell me that how this issue could be resolved. I will appreciate all the replies for this.

Re: Cannot boot properly with Windows 8

I think that this is the installation problem and you will have to reinstall the operating system. So do the clean installation again to the system and see if that can help you get out of the issue.

As this is the beta version of it then there is only one solution for this and that is to switch back to the Windows 7 and wait till the final version of not released.

You can perform dual boot with Windows 8 but as Windows Developer Preview 8 is not a version of "completed" in Windows, it is not stable (that's why it was not advisable to put it in dual boot, but apparently no problem). You can try running the repair tool or return to the original state with the DVD. I hope that repair tool will be helpful to you.

You can try with the belo options and see if that works for you.
    • With EasyBCD change the entries
    • Auto repair system with Windows-8-USB-Stick
    • Using system repair, CMD + diskpart set active partition on the 352MB

Microsoft plans to implement the secure boot method of enforcement by the Windows Logo Program to require that computer code start the default mode activated in the UEFI. The Free Software Foundation has thrown against Microsoft and Secure Boot feature included in Windows 8. this feature relies on a chip (UEFI) to control and prevent security problems at the hardware level. This raises for protection, but as a possible consequence of preventing the use of a second operating system.

This could be because of the improper connection of the RAM to its slot. So what you can do is, just takeout the RAM from the computer and then clean it gently with some soft cloth to remove the moisture from that if it is there. Once you are done with that then resit that in its slot and try to boot the PC again. Good Luck.

Make sure that the system on which you are installing the Windows 8 is fulfilling the minimum requirement or not.