Thread: After uninstalling Ubuntu 11.10, unable to boot windows 7

After uninstalling Ubuntu 11.10, unable to boot windows 7

I have Dell inspiron 1545. yesterday, i uninstall Ubuntu 11.10 on it due to simple reason. I can't comfortable with this advanced OS. This is a dual boot and now when i try to boot this system with windows 7, it goes failure. I wanted to know that the reason behind this thar will be make such issue. When i boot it, following lines comes on screen,
    error: no such partition
    grub rescue>
    If anyone can help me to fix this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: After uninstalling Ubuntu 11.10, unable to boot windows 7

Using your Windows 7 disc or repair discs, you need to "fix mbr". This is necessary if you gotten such issues at the time of doing this booting task on your windows 7 system. after performing this ubuntu uninstall task, such things are necessary to do overwrite the master boot record. This will be work and in result you found that your system boots in windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Agavoli View Post
    Using your Windows 7 disc or repair discs, you need to "fix mbr". This is necessary if you gotten such issues at the time of doing this booting task on your windows 7 system. after performing this ubuntu uninstall task, such things are necessary to do overwrite the master boot record. This will be work and in result you found that your system boots in windows 7.
    YOu can use "Use recovery tools" options of the windows 7 disk. This will be work to boot your laptop with this windows 7. You got this option when you boot your windows 7 installation disk on this system. This will be work to fix your booting problem. Try it and get what things happen on it.

It quite also possibility that this windows 7 is being corrupted during this uninstall of this ubuntu system. You need to do this task and check what result arrives onto it. This is well for you to perform formatting and partition task on your hard disk. This re-installation of the windows 7 works to fix your complex problem. Try it and check what happen onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAHAR View Post
    It quite also possibility that this windows 7 is being corrupted during this uninstall of this ubuntu system. You need to do this task and check what result arrives onto it. This is well for you to perform formatting and partition task on your hard disk. This re-installation of the windows 7 works to fix your complex problem. Try it and check what happen onto it.
    To use Ubuntu Boot from a Live CD/DVD and reinstall this will also give you access to Windows. you can also try this and check that it will be work on your dual boot system. Try this before doing reinstallation of the windows 7. Live CD of ubuntu works to recover all missing settings of this system.

In dual boot system. this happens in several times, when the uninstallation of one OS has been finished, the other OS installed on it, may not be works properly. In that situations, only reinstallation is best way to get result on this system. This is well for rebooting the system in correct manner. For more informaiton, you need to read the few dual boot articles that already build on our forums site.