Thread: How to configure network configuration.cab files in windows 7 home

How to configure network configuration.cab files in windows 7 home

My friend just recently bought a new Toshiba Laptop. The operating system in it is Windows 7. I am trying to connect that system to my network so that I can install latest updates in it. But it does not looks to be working. The system is not able to identify my network. I am trying to connect a USB modem which fails to work. I checked in the error log and found the problem is related to some network configuration.cab file. How to fix this things.

Re: How to configure network configuration.cab files in windows 7 home

If you are not able to get updates through web then you can try downloading them manually. You can find that on the official site of Microsoft. Then move those updates to the new laptop and install them. That is the easiest way to fix problem you are facing. I did this recently on my uncles pc and the system is working fine. He was having a browser crashing problem which is now resolved.

Updating networking can help you in fixing the issue.You have to just go ahead with finding the right drivers. You can find that on the official website of your laptop. You have to download all the drivers and then run the installation in new system. Then try to reconnect back again. If this does not work then I think you have to install windows back again.

I had seen this issue before in my pc. The above guy is right on the solution. This problem appear due to a outdated network driver. You have to get a latest version and install that in your system. This is the only way to fix the issue. Try to find the right model number of your laptop first and locate the right drivers on the official website. You can then install it and done. Your system will be able to identify the modem.

There is a tiny thing that can help to fix that problem. But it is not a full solution. I do this always when my system is unable to identify my network. For that you have to launch cmd. In that type netsh winsock reset catalog and hit enter. this command will reset winsock entries. The next thing you have to do is type netsh int ip reset reset.log and hit enter. This will reset TCP/IP stack. That's it. Just restart your pc and check.

Sometime this problem also occur due to a security application in your pc. Like a Antivirus or Firewall. You have to turn that thing off to get rid of this error. Just disable your antivirus and try re-install the modem. You can check in device manager whether the hardware is properly installed or not. If not then you have find the right drivers. Most of the time this kind of network errors are due to outdated drivers.

Resetting local area connection can help you to fix the issue. You can do that through manual settings. Go in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections. In that locate the network adapter and right click on that. Choose disable. This will turn off the lan connection. Then enable it back again. See whether your system is able to identify the network or not.

Even after trying many things if nothing works then it simply means your system is having damage system files. You have to run System File Checker. and if this does not work then the last option left is to install windows back. Launch cmd and in that type sfc /scannow and hit enter. This will scan your system. If there are damage system files then it will replace it. But if it fails then you have to re-install windows back again.