Thread: Can i run Ubuntu in asus zenbook UX31

Can i run Ubuntu in asus zenbook UX31

I want to buy best laptop system and after looking so many model, i like configurations of the asus zenbook UX31. Configurations of this laptop is Intel Core i7 2677M Processor, DDR3 1333MHz 4GB RAM, 13.3 inch screen with HD+ 1600X900 resolution. My questions is that is this configurations has been support for the Ubuntu system. latest version of this Ubuntu is 11.10 OS. Should i use it on this asus zenbook UX31 laptop. Thanks for any suggestions which helps me to do installation task on it.

Re: Can i run Ubuntu in asus zenbook UX31

Yes, There is not any issue if you installed this Ubuntu 11.10 os on your asus zenbook UX31. I use the same combinations and must say that this is best for so ever. I installed 11.10 on an X31 Zenbook and last one month it doesn't make nay problems so ever. YOu can also check this combinations if you already buy this laptop system.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalguni88 View Post
    Yes, There is not any issue if you installed this Ubuntu 11.10 os on your asus zenbook UX31. I use the same combinations and must say that this is best for so ever. I installed 11.10 on an X31 Zenbook and last one month it doesn't make nay problems so ever. YOu can also check this combinations if you already buy this laptop system.
    i also use this combinations in last one week but i still not found hibernation feature of ubuntu on this laptop. Can anybody help me to get this features? Also please guide me that how should it works. How to utalize the fast wakeup feature? So, i take careness of it. Please give me valuable suggestions for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepakTij View Post
    i also use this combinations in last one week but i still not found hibernation feature of ubuntu on this laptop. Can anybody help me to get this features? Also please guide me that how should it works. How to utalize the fast wakeup feature? So, i take careness of it. Please give me valuable suggestions for it.
    The hibernation implementation currently used in Ubuntu, swsusp, needs a swap or suspend partition. Yes, you can use this features on your Ubuntu 11.10 OS. There is not any issues arrives on it if you use it for long time. Below code works to do your hibernations task on this ubuntu system.
    sudo chmod 755 /etc/pm/sleep.d/20_custom-ehci_hcd

If you failure to do this hibernation feature of ubuntu, run below code on terminal widnow of the Ubuntu. The output of this code works to fix your problem.
    dmesg

cat /proc/cmdline

cat /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume

To use suspend, an operating system must first configure wake-up events. This is necessary to configure this wake up event. If you not do this, you doesn't able to wake up from hibernate mode. Also you need to enabled swap to do this hibernate on your ubuntu system. When you turn the computer back on after hibernating, all of your work should be restored as it was before hibernation. Hence there is necessary to enabled this swap on your system.

Thanks for the reply! I really such kind of valuable reply that works for doing this hibernation task in safe way. Once again thanks for your valuable reply.