Thread: What will happen if windows infected pendrive is used in ubuntu?

What will happen if windows infected pendrive is used in ubuntu?

Hey Friends! Around one week passed I have embedded my flashdrive or you can simply say pendrive in my machine which has windows XP operating system and after that I have embedded the same flashdrive in my ubuntu os machine. I would like to tell you that there was a new folder which I am sure I had not saved in the flashdrive. I think that the windows must have infected some files when I inserted the flashdrive in the windows machine. My question to you all is that will it causae any damage to my ubuntu system? Also I did not opened the folder so what should I do know?

re: What will happen if windows infected pendrive is used in ubuntu?

For your kind information I would like to tell you that it can be harmful for the system which has ubuntu operating system. Considering that you must have shared a infected file t to a Windows user via email, copying to external drive, etc. According to me the file which is executable itself is not harmful to your ubuntu machine. The reason for this that it cannot natively run within it.

Comparative thing happened to me once while I was repairing a partner's workstation, I had to transfer a few documents to his pc utilizing usb drive. I did not perceive it until I was back home.. when i saw 2 indexes, I then examined them with clamav and both were spoiled. Now back to your issue, you wont inch toward getting infected by a windows virus. You are essentially able to erase the organizer and be finished with it.

I have not checked the organizer again but I am certain this is not framework created. As a matter of fact I have not utilized the pendrive in my particular machine when that. I am seting the groundwork to design it but there are two/three imperative documents which I require. Undecided. An additional identified issue: when a brand new pendrive is utilized in windows, frequently a document named autorun.inf shows up. On the off chance that this is erased, this returns following time. Might as well I stress over this record. It hasfunction in ubuntu managing framework Once my windows antivirus identified this document as virus.

Re: What will happen if windows infected pendrive is used in ubuntu?

The a few documents i had were: s1.exe and autorun.ini the virus is the .shown index while the .ini is the singled out case that displayed given charge mechanically in my case open the virus record. My proposal is run clamav output on your apparatus, erase the contaminated indexes and you're finished. In the event that you feel the need to be absolutely confident design the entire usb drive.