Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Syntek Webcam shows black screen in Skype and Cheese of Ubuntu 11.10

Operating Systems

Old 30-11-2011

Syntek Webcam shows black screen in Skype and Cheese of Ubuntu 11.10

I use Ubuntu is 11.10 on my Asus F5R laptop and mostly important that the Syntek DC-1125 Webcam connected with it. In this system when i try to use this webcam on my skype or cheese account, it won't work at all. But in other situations, it works well with Camorama and VLC. Hence can anybody help me to do this task in simplest way. I need some expert guidance that will be work to fix this complex issues. Thanks in advance.

Old 30-11-2011

re: Syntek Webcam shows black screen in Skype and Cheese of Ubuntu 11.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshala.Ray View Post
I use Ubuntu is 11.10 on my Asus F5R laptop and mostly important that the Syntek DC-1125 Webcam connected with it. In this system when i try to use this webcam on my skype or cheese account, it won't work at all. But in other situations, it works well with Camorama and VLC. Hence can anybody help me to do this task in simplest way. I need some expert guidance that will be work to fix this complex issues. Thanks in advance.
To fix this you need to have libv4l-0 installed and load it with Skype. The same thing you need to do with the Cheese applications. Then only you got best result on it. Otherwise same thing will be happen onto it. Try this and check its result onto it.
Old 30-11-2011

You can also try to reinstall the Webcam driver for your skype and cheese applications. It might be possible that the previous driver of this webcam not working well with this applications. Hence i would be suggest to you for do the upgrade webcam driver onto it. This will be work to fix your complex issue.
Old 30-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykant View Post
You can also try to reinstall the Webcam driver for your skype and cheese applications. It might be possible that the previous driver of this webcam not working well with this applications. Hence i would be suggest to you for do the upgrade webcam driver onto it. This will be work to fix your complex issue.
Linux driver development for Syntek Semicon USB2.0 Video device DC-1125, like the one that is found in Asus A6K. Hence i also recommend to you for use this driver upgradation task on your webcam device. This is well for you and it will be work to fix your complex issue. Try it and check its respective result on your system. you can download this driver on the official as well as non official sites. this is well for you to fix your problem.
Old 01-12-2011

Re: Syntek Webcam shows black screen in Skype and Cheese of Ubuntu 11.10

If this both the Skype and cheese application not working correctly its better to reinstall this applications. this is also last option that definitely fix your webcam not working problem. Try it and check its result that should newly installed applications works properly on here or not. this is well for you to get new advantage and features of this applications.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,