Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 GNU GRUB failed to start

Ubuntu 10.04 GNU GRUB failed to start

i use Ubuntu 10.04 on my ASUS Sabertooth X58 Motherboard. Now when i try to boot this system, it goes failure and the reason behind this is because of the GNU GRUB failed to start. I need some expert advice that works to fix this complex issue. Thanks in advance for any suggestions that works to fix this complex issue.

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 GNU GRUB failed to start

You can apply grub recovery method on your ubuntu system. This will be work to fix your complicated problem. These screenshots of Ubuntu grub rescue has been taken on Ubuntu 11.04. You can use one of such Ubuntu grub rescue for doing your task. Try this and check its valuable result on your system. This is best for you and it works to fix your booting problem.

GRUB 2 provides several methods of recovering from a failed boot. Hence i would be recommend to you for use one of such method and locate its result. Hope that you got best result onto it. In this method, Grub 2 configuration file normally located in the /boot/grub folder. Name of that file is grub.cfg. With the help of these type of method you can reconfigure this files. Hence in responce you got the result in positive format. Hence try this and check its valuable result on your ubuntu system.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalguni88 View Post
    GRUB 2 provides several methods of recovering from a failed boot. Hence i would be recommend to you for use one of such method and locate its result. Hope that you got best result onto it. In this method, Grub 2 configuration file normally located in the /boot/grub folder. Name of that file is grub.cfg. With the help of these type of method you can reconfigure this files. Hence in response you got the result in positive format. Hence try this and check its valuable result on your Ubuntu system.
    If you want to apply another solutions to fix this issue, i prefer to use Ubuntu Desktop live CD. insert it and boot it on your system. Then perform recovery task on your system. This will be work recver all the necessary settings and configurations of the ubuntu system. Then use it and check its valuable result onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by ADDISON View Post
    If you want to apply another solutions to fix this issue, i prefer to use Ubuntu Desktop live CD. insert it and boot it on your system. Then perform recovery task on your system. This will be work recover all the necessary settings and configurations of the ubuntu system. Then use it and check its valuable result onto it.
    YOu can also use the Upgrading GNU grub task on it. Officially upgrading to GRUB 2 from GRUB in later version of Ubuntu 9.10 is relatively easy. You need to install the grub-pc package. Then you found that the GRUB is upgraded to GRUB 2. Try it and check its valuable result on your system. This is well for you and it will be work to fix your complex issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezriah View Post
    YOu can also use the Upgrading GNU grub task on it. Officially upgrading to GRUB 2 from GRUB in later version of Ubuntu 9.10 is relatively easy. You need to install the grub-pc package. Then you found that the GRUB is upgraded to GRUB 2. Try it and check its valuable result on your system. This is well for you and it will be work to fix your complex issues.
    I try this process and must say that thsi will be work to fix my GNU GRUB failed to start problem. Thanks for your valuable reply to do this task. In this process, i used below command that helps to do securely install grub-pc package. COmmand that i use is being as follows:
    sudo apt-get install grub-pc

If you use Ubuntu Desktop live CD during booting, you need to perform complete mounting task on that time. in that process, you also need to perform reinstall boot loader task. Finally reboot your system and check its result on your system. I hope that you got result on this system. If you want to get its command for doign this mounting and reinstalling bootloader task, you can use manual. also take help of the third party sites for more information.