Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Suspend or hibernate not working on Kubuntu 11.10

Operating Systems

Old 30-11-2011

Suspend or hibernate not working on Kubuntu 11.10

I have a little bit experience about Linux but I have a little problem which I could not able to resolved yet. I used Kubuntu 11.10 on my Asus P8H67-V motherboard. When i try to do suspend or hibernate with Kubuntu 11.10, it doesn't work at all. I try lot of things on it but couldn't find that works to effectively do this suspend or hibernate task on this Kubuntu system. when i try to do this task, always it doesn't start with the applications that are previously runned on this system. Try it and check its valuable result. Can anybody help me to do this task?

Old 30-11-2011

re: Suspend or hibernate not working on Kubuntu 11.10

You need to change the permissions and the attributes of your system sleep files that helps to you for doing this suspend or hibernate task on your ubuntu system. For doing this process you need to run below code on your terminal windows of the ubuntu system. It helps to set the attributes and permissions to its desired way. with this code, you can perform regular hibernate or suspend task on this Ubuntu without any extra issues. This code is being as follows:
Quote:
sudo chmod 755 /etc/pm/sleep.d/20_custom-ehci_hcd
Old 30-11-2011

In Ububtu 11.10 system, hibernating only appears to be working superficially until you try to resume the system. Then you need to Press the Hibernate button in Kickoff -> Leave -> Hibernate. This process will be work to do your suspend or hibernate process in safe manner with this Kubuntu system. Hence try it and check its valuable result on your system. this is better for you.
Old 30-11-2011

You need to use different solutions here to fix this complex issue. In that you can gconf-editor enable the keys by unchecking /apps/gnome-power-manager/can_hibernate. This will be surely works to fix your hibernate problem with this kubuntu system. This gnome-power-manager folder also show you the can_suspend option. You need to also enable this option. Then only you got the appropriate result on your kubuntu system. Try this simple thing on terminal window of the kubuntu 11.10 system. This i well for you.
Old 30-11-2011

You may already know this, but as already experience about it. I want to share it with you. You can also use below mentioned code that will be work to do this enabling the hibernat and suspend options on this kubuntu system. Run it on terminal window. The code is being as follows:
Quote:
export PM_DEBUG=true
sudo pm-suspend
Old 30-11-2011

You need to follow below mentioned code in step by step manner on terminal window of your Kubuntu 11.10 system. The code is being as follows:
Quote:
sudo touch /etc/pm/sleep.d/20_custom-ehci_hcd
It works to make "/etc/pm/sleep.d/20_custom-ehci_hcd" Then edit it using below code
Quote:
sudo gedit /etc/pm/sleep.d/20_custom-ehci_hcd
After that open gedit abnd save this file on your system drive.
Quote:
sudo chmod +x /etc/pm/sleep.d/20_custom-ehci_hcd
This will be work to make the file executable. Finally run this file and then you see that the result comes in positive way. You can do this hibernate and suspend task on this kubuntu in easiest way. Try it. I hope you got best result.
Old 30-11-2011

Unfortunately I was not able to find a fix for this problem, however I find its complete details on the manual of the kubuntu 11.10 system. you can also get this details with using such user guide manual. Try mentioned instructions on your system and check its result on it. It will be work to fix your hibernate or suspend type of issue. I used it and i hope that it also helpful to you.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,