Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-11-2011

Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot shutdown freezes on ASUS g73jh

In my ASUS G73Jh laptop I have windows 7 with Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot OS. when i try to boot my system with Ubuntu 11.10, it works well and nothing happening during processing over Ubuntu 11.10 OS. After that when i use regular shutting down process on it, suddenly it stops working. It happens and 5 bubbles beneath the Ubuntu logo. It just stays there. Nothing will happen after that on this laptop screen. i couldn't able to turn off my laptop within this ubuntu system. Can anybody help me to do this task in proper way. Need helpful responce for this process.
Old 30-11-2011

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot shutdown freezes on ASUS g73jh

Random freezes that requires you to shut down the laptop with the power button. many of the times, this process works to do your task in proper way. Hence i would be recommend to you for use this simple process if it frozen during shut down process. It works in urgency time, when Ubuntu makes problem to shut down in normal way. If i faced such issue, i always use it to immediately press power button. it helps me to improve performance of the laptop system.
Old 30-11-2011

Even I am facing same problem. in my ubuntu system, when i try to do this turn off task with using sime GUI based options, it won't do this task. Then i execute command on terminal window of the ubuntu system. the command i used is being as follows:
Quote:
sudo shutdown now -P
This code works and then my system will be shutting down in proepr manner. You can also try this command and check its result.
Old 30-11-2011

I also try this solution for shutting down with sudo command. Must surprisingly i found that this command even not always works. Then in that situations i use power button. Long pressing power button of the laptop helps me to turn off all the running process of this ubuntu system. This is well for me . Before doing this pushing power button task, i close all the applications of the system. This is well for me and it will be works to avoid any data lose problem.
Old 30-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baako View Post
I also try this solution for shutting down with sudo command. Must surprisingly i found that this command even not always works. Then in that situations i use power button. Long pressing power button of the laptop helps me to turn off all the running process of this ubuntu system. This is well for me . Before doing this pushing power button task, i close all the applications of the system. This is well for me and it will be works to avoid any data lose problem.
I have the same issue but using the same Belkin Wireless G dongle on another machine (32bit Intel) gives no problems. The Belkin N+ Wireless Router is a great performer with excellent range and throughput speed. I use it for connectivity with the internet connections. Hence i would be say that if you used any such kind of connectivity, get help of that and perform your shutting down taks in proper manner.
Old 30-11-2011

In terminal window of the ubuntu system, you can also try below mentioned code. this command will be work to turn off your system and it will be work to fix your complex problem. The command which needs to execute in terminal window is as follows:
Quote:
sudo shutdown -hP now
Old 30-11-2011

Hmmm. I have the same problem on my Dual-boot system. Then i try to first close the WiFi connections with using below commands.
Quote:
sudo ifdown wlan0
This code will be work and in response i found that the e regular turn off system in this ubuntu system works fine without any issues. If you use any such wifi connections on your dual booting system, try to first close connections of the wifi and then try this turn off task on it. This will be work to fix your complex issue.
Old 30-11-2011

Same problem arrives on my ubuntu. I try different thing here. I were debugging this laptop with boot into a recovery mode. In that mode i perform recovery task on it. first i execute command on terminal windows. This command is being as follows:
Quote:
ls -lrt /var/log
After that i change its configurations and in result i found that thsi will be work in positive manner. You can also try thsi and check its valuable result onto it.
Old 30-11-2011

If you still faced such issue, Try this command before shutting down:
Quote:
sudo service network-manager stop
It Worked on my system and hope that it also work on your dual boot system.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , ,