Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Keyboard won't light up on Ubuntu 11.10

Operating Systems

Old 30-11-2011

Keyboard won't light up on Ubuntu 11.10

as per the title mentioned i used Ubuntu 11.10 OS on my ASUS G74S laptop and now I'm facing problem with this notebook. When i try to press functions key for managing backlight on Ubuntu system, it goes failure sometimes. Hence please let me know that which steps is being necessary to do this turn on keyboard backlight on Ubuntu 11.10?? Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 30-11-2011

re: Keyboard won't light up on Ubuntu 11.10

i think you used wrong functions keys over your laptop and hence it doesn't give any positive responce. i would be recommend to you for use below mentioned keys on it. This is well for you and it will be work to fix your complex issue. This is keys that you help to do your backlight turn on task is being as follows:
  • F9 - enable/disable touchpad
  • F3 - keyboard backlight dim
  • F4 - keyboard backlight bright
Try it during booting your lapotp and after booting your laptop. This will be helpful to you for doing this turn on keyboard backlight.
Old 30-11-2011

Same kind of problem i faced on my system and hence i decided to perform the below mentioned process onto it. Then i simply execute below mentioned code on terminal of the ubuntu system. This will be work and now this keyboard backlight without any issues. Code is being as follows:
Quote:
sudo "echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/keyboard/brightness"
Old 30-11-2011

You need to also use the other code on your terminal windows. In that case, you need to use this below mentioned code on your ubuntu. This will be work to fix your complex issue. Try it:
Quote:
echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/kbd_backlight
Old 30-11-2011

It works for me too. Thanks buddy for your valuable reply to my query. I much needed this type of information. I execute it on terminal window on my Ubuntu system.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,