Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-11-2011

Windows 8 firewall and VPN help

I have installed the Windows 8 on my computer and need your help for the my VPN and windows firewall. I am very much frustrated since this is with my computer for about one week and I am not able to resolve. My VPN connection is just active with my firewall for Home and Private Network is turned off. This was not the problem when I was using the Windows 7 but with windows 8 is having this issue. Do you have some suggestion with this.
Old 30-11-2011

Re: Windows 8 firewall and VPN help

The Windows Firewall is Windows XP has been an most important part of the operating system. The firewall provides basic protection and cuts in tests of security companies and often with large competitors that can measure well. Nevertheless, it is for home use and is sometimes annoying that firewall. Either because you have connectivity problems, or would like to use a different firewall. If you have two firewalls running simultaneously on the one hand, this very much considerable and possible that the two firewalls will not tolerate and continued reports and eject and the ports can be blocked.
Old 30-11-2011

Open the Control Panel and click on the menu and security system. Depending on which view you can select in the Control Panel this differ slightly. We recommend you to the view to "category". In the next step you need to go to the menu item Windows firewall or firewall status by clicking Check. In the next window you see on the left is a small menu with a number of menu items. From the menu item Windows Firewall on or off You can turn off the firewall.
Old 30-11-2011

The other way is to disable the firewall completely turning off the service. Please open the services management via Start - Run - services.msc and scroll to the bottom. There you will find one of the Diest called Windows Firewall. You can either stop temporarily for this session or turn off completely.
Old 30-11-2011

If you plan to Remote Desktop for Windows 8 to use the firewall then that may not be disabled in the services.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,