Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 8 PC shutdown Randomly

Operating Systems

Old 30-11-2011

Windows 8 PC shutdown Randomly

Previously, I was having Windows 7 in my laptop but recently I have installed the Windows 8 operating system. I was thinking to do dual boot earlier but finally I did a clean install of the Windows 8. Now when I turn on the computer then it turns off the laptop. If I start nit again then it turned off again. This is very weird. I don’t know that what is the reason for this and how can I get out of this. So I am starting this thread over here. If you can tell me that what is the problem or the solution to the problem then I will be really thankful to all.

Old 30-11-2011

Re: Windows 8 PC shutdown Randomly

There is one thing that you can try for this issue and see if that can help you get the issue resolved. All you have to go to Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> Settings and disable automatic restart.
Old 30-11-2011

This might not be because of the windows 8. It may be related to the hardware and there is more possibility that the problem is with the RAM. So what you can do is, just remove the RAM and reinsert that properly into its slot properly. If this is because of the lose connection of the RAM and you have reinserted that properly to its place now then you will not get that issue.
Old 30-11-2011

I think that reinstalling the windows 8 might help you get the issue solved. So just reinstall the Windows 8. This time, you must install that from a fresh copy of the Windows 8 setup. Some of the files of the operating system in your system might be corrupted and reinstalling those will surely solve the problem for you. I can only suggest you this for the time and I hope that you will be out of the issue after re-installation.
Old 30-11-2011

Have you installed some other software in your computer recently? If yes then it can also be because of that. So just start the computer in safe mode and then uninstall that software if installed any. See if this can cure the issue.
Old 02-12-2011

Why don't you contact to the manufacturer and ask them about the same issue. They will tell you that what is the problem with this and how this problem can be solved. This is the best thing that you can do for this.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,