Thread: USB hub disconnects in windows 8

USB hub disconnects in windows 8

I am here again for some help. I have bought the Targus 2.0 4 Port USB hub and that is not working with my computer that is running the Windows 8 64 bit. I normally connect the wireless mouse, one usb keyboard along with the iPhone cable. This is the reason that I purchased the hub. Some of the times it works great but some of the times it shows problem to connect to the USB hub. Please help me to get the issue resolved as soon as possible.

Re: USB hub disconnects in windows 8

This is surely seemed to be the issue with the power. I am saying this because the USB is able to provide power to just 3 or 4 devices. If you add more then you will find that there is a voltage drop and as a result of that the device will stop working. There is only one solution for this and that is to purchase the "Powered" hub which is having an AC adapter.

If you are using the front USB port then also there is possibility that you will get the issues like this. The one that is on the back goes directly to the motherboard from the back panel. I am not saying that this is the only reason for this. In your case, it might be something else but It is not harmful to check this once and see if you can get it solved in this way. Please reply back if this helps you.

You must check that if the USB port that you are using is lose and this is the reason that you are getting the issues like this. So check for that and fix that to get this problem resolved.

Make sure that the all the drivers that you are having in your computer is up to date. If that is outdated then also you might get the issues like this. So what you can do is update all the drivers to the latest that is available.