Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-11-2011

3.25GB memory left after installing Windows 8

Friends, the actual physical memory for my computer is 6 GB. I installed the Windows 8 home premium in my computer and after installing that, I found that it just left 3.25 GB. I don?t think that the Windows 8 home premium installation can take upto that memory. So I am leaving this question again to know that if there is some way to recover the actual memory. I really need your suggestion. Please help me for this. Thank you all!
Old 29-11-2011

Re: 3.25GB memory left after installing Windows 8

This is very strange that it consumes that much of memory. Anyway, what you can do is, just search for some memory cleaner and then run it on your computer. This will free some amount of memory in your computer. My suggestion to you is to make use of the smart ram and that will be helpful to you.
Old 29-11-2011

I have also faced this lack of memory problem earlier but that was not because of the Windows 8 or any other operating system installation. This was due to some software. Anyways, I tried many things to get it solved but was not able to resolve that. Finally one of my friends suggested me to use the Disk Cleanup and I did the same. After this, I found that it make a big space available on the physical memory. This worked for me and so I am also suggesting you the same thing. So do this and see if you can solve this problem or not. Good Luck!!!
Old 29-11-2011

You must ensure that you are using the 64 bit install. I am saying you this because 32 bit installs are limited to around 3.50 max ram.
Old 29-11-2011

Every time we're getting more information about Windows 8, it is estimated that this version will require almost the same hard disk space required by Windows 7. So you can consider that this operating system will include many improvements compared to version 7. So far Microsoft has not revealed much more formally and therefore these data are being obtained through leaks from different sources. You should also remember that in many cases they end up being real. This information has been obtained from the image that I saw a few days ago where Windows 8 will allow the installation of a USB where it was requiring a minimum space of 16 GB.
Old 30-11-2011

Windows 8 should take much less memory consuming than its predecessor. I have not installed that yet but this is what I get when I searched for this on internet.
Old 30-11-2011

There might be some problem with the Windows 8 setup that you have run on your computer and for that reason you are having this issue. So you can try by reinstalling the operating system again and check if this helps you with this problem or not. But this is true that the Windows 8 have reduced the memory use to a great extend. In addition to the significantly reduced memory, it will also provide Microsoft with a highly accelerated boot that ensures that the user can use their Windows 8-PC faster and more effectively. The current system components such as kernel and drivers in the current state of the hard disk is to be deposited. The next time you start it will just be transported back into memory, so that the particular machine (within the shortest possible time) is ready for use again, because the processes do not need to be restarted. This is one of the best parts that I liked about the Windows 8.
Old 02-12-2011

I think that reinstalling form a fresh copy of the Windows 8 might help you with this problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,