Thread: Is it possible to install Windows 8 128 bit over 64 bit?

Is it possible to install Windows 8 128 bit over 64 bit?

i have one system that contains 64 bit Intel processor based dell laptop. i want to install this Windows 8 Windows Developer preview 128 bit onto it. Is this possible that we perform such task on it or not. Should this works with comfortable manner or not? thanks for any help.

Re: Is it possible to install Windows 8 128 bit over 64 bit?

For you information that the same kind of process i try on my 64 but system and this will be gives me problem. it shows message box mentioning "the installation disk isn't compatible with your version of Windows". why should this happen on 64 bit system. Can anybody explain it very well??

Quote Originally Posted by Jezriah View Post
    For you information that the same kind of process i try on my 64 but system and this will be gives me problem. it shows message box mentioning "the installation disk isn't compatible with your version of Windows". why should this happen on 64 bit system. Can anybody explain it very well??
    The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. hence this type of issues arrives on your system. In that case, you need to try to change this windows version setup files. use different download link that works properly on it. you can try to get the official copy of this windows 8. this will be work to fix your complex issue. hence try thsi and check its result on your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayanidhi View Post
    The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. hence this type of issues arrives on your system. In that case, you need to try to change this windows version setup files. use different download link that works properly on it. you can try to get the official copy of this windows 8. this will be work to fix your complex issue. hence try this and check its result on your system.
    i don't think that this will be also work on your 64 bit system. the reason behind this is very simple. this 128 bit version of windows 8 not work on your system. this is not compatible with your 64 bit system. you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program. Hence download official copy of the windows 8 that is either x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version. then only you can do this task on your 64 bit version. remember this thing during the installation of the windows 8 WDP.