Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

how to install the ubuntu in windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 28-11-2011

how to install the ubuntu in windows 7

As I?m having the laptop which runs on the windows 7 but I want to know that how can I install the ubuntu in the windows 7 as I want to have both the OS in my laptop. so can anyone help to to do with this.

Old 28-11-2011

Re: how to install the ubuntu in windows 7

Actually even I want to know that how to dual boot in the laptop, as even I want to install the os in to my laptop. but don?t know how is it done so if anyone suggest me the procedure then it would be easy for me to install it in to my laptop.
Old 28-11-2011

Re: how to install the ubuntu in windows 7

If you want to install the ubuntu with other os in to your system than just follow the steps given below:

? First thing you need to do is take the proper backup of your files.
? As it is preferred that you should install the windows os before installing the ubuntu OS.
? Now insert the ubuntu CD which you have into the ROM.
? Now follow the instructions on to your screen for the installation.
? At one point it will ask for you to "How do you want to partition the disk?
? If you have partitioned the space before installation for the ubuntu then you can install it to the partitioned you made for the ubuntu OS.
? Otherwise choose the option for making partitioned then give the size you want to have in your system and click on ?forward?.
? And now follow the screen of the system and you are done with it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,