Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to set home folder security in ubuntu

Operating Systems

Old 28-11-2011

How to set home folder security in ubuntu

As I?m using the ubuntu OS on my pc. So I want to know how can I set the home folder security in ubuntu. Actually I want the home folder security to be restricted from all and don?t want the folder to be shared. So can any know how it is done.

Old 28-11-2011

Re: How to set home folder security in ubuntu

Even I want to know how to set the home folder security to the ubuntu os. And also I want to know one thing is that I had changed the settings of the folder setting to the 700 and after doing this I?m getting the authorization failure in the folder. So what should I do now or this.
Old 28-11-2011

Quote:
Even I want to know how to set the home folder security to the ubuntu os. And also I want to know one thing is that I had changed the settings of the folder setting to the 700 and after doing this I?m getting the authorization failure in the folder. So what should I do now or this.
As you are telling that you have changed the permission setting to the 700 then you must change back to the 644. Because I think changing of the settings have caused you authorization failure. So it is advisable that you changed back to the 644 and try again doing.
Old 28-11-2011

According to me Startup folder that belong to you (do) and your personal group That, perhaps, is what is causing the problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,