Thread: Windows 8 x-86 is much faster than Windows 8 x-64

Windows 8 x-86 is much faster than Windows 8 x-64

I have tried both the versions in my laptop and have found out that W8 x-86 beats W7 handsomely. Windows 8 64 bit does comes close but still I am impressed with the performance of the Windows 8 x-86. I can easily conclude that only few programs can run on Windows 8 x-64 as it appears to be sluggish at some intervals. So I wanted to share this interesting information with you all, I hope you all did enjoy the same. that’s it from my side for you all.

Re: Windows 8 x-86 is much faster than Windows 8 x-64

It is too early to comment on that since there is no final version out yet and hence it would be very much difficult to say something about the same. so that’s what I want to say here. I had lots of problems with the windows 7 and I am sure windows 8 will cover it up soon. That’s what I want to say here.

Yes I have seen a lot of massive performance gains after the installation of the windows 8 and hence I can easily say that windows 8 is the best operating system that I have come across. I am just waiting as if when the original version of the operating system will be coming up. That would be so exciting for me. So that’s what I am waiting for.

The performance of the x-64 was not good at all when it had released some time ago but now I think with the windows update and all. Its performance seem to have improved a lot. VMware is working absolutely fine with the windows 8. So for those who felt that windows 8 x-64 was lagging at intervals then they should get the update done and that will fix up the issue for them. So you all should be doing exactly the same. I hope this was pretty much clear for you that’s it from my side for you.

I can remember the performance of the windows 7 when it was newly launched. It was really very fast and hence what I want to say is that what will happen when the final version come up. Since a lot will depend when the final version will come up. Developers preview are nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoldo View Post
    I can remember the performance of the windows 7 when it was newly launched. It was really very fast and hence what I want to say is that what will happen when the final version come up. Since a lot will depend when the final version will come up. Developers preview are nothing.
    I don’t agree with you at all. I really don’t think so there would be any performance difference at all since what I am saying here is that windows 7 is still much better than windows xp performance wise and what additional changes will they have to make in the existing windows 8? I don’t think so that would hamper the performance at all. Yes there would be some compatibility bugs and all they would be solving in the upcoming releases but I certainly don’t think so performance would change with the transformation from developers preview to the original version.