Thread: Where to find .iso for Eeexubuntu

Where to find .iso for Eeexubuntu

Anyone help me to find .iso for Eeexubuntu machine? i am searching this on many sites but yet cant get it. and need some detail about the same. so any commenta or any useful hints for this much appreciated.

Re: Where to find .iso for Eeexubuntu

eeeXubuntu is a custom edition of Xubuntu 7.10 Live CD with interrogation hardware support, as well as native wireless drivers, functioning Ethernet, tips for desktop environments, low resolution, and variety of other agreements. Whenever possible, these modifications have incorporated the use of packages. In its place of running the user's files in a precies order after installation. The objective of this project is to maintain a Xubuntu Live CD image simple to setup for eeePC, permimiting a base install of Xubuntu reliable. A big plus for the development of the eeePC is that it is a unique hardware platform shared by all users.

eeXubuntu installed 2 weeks ago that left me more, because I had tried everything. The performance of the PC is much better than previous graphic interface XFCE is very friendly and not so heavy as Gnome and KDE. What if eeeUbuntu unlike almost everything must be set, but do not worry, here on techarena you get everything.

eeeXubuntu was not at all an official and is a project buntu dead and antiquated how much I know. Ubuntu and its Incongruities (as well as Xubuntu) should have an great support for the Asus EEE "outside the box" without retouching. If you want help to run Xubuntu in the EEA, first step is to tell us the model number you have.

I have not used a 1000 model personally, but I remember reading that a car is faster than the other. You may want to research and install Xubuntu on the faster of the two disks (using the slowest unit of data / backup). It is an older model that hardware support should be excellent. I think Xubuntu is a big step from Xandros. If you are akin with the Live USB test and after that go for it!

I had not happened that the two units may have different performance characteristics. Clearly written to / dev / sda is faster (by an order of magnitude) to write to / dev / sdb. One thing I have to keep in mind is the lack of space for the operating system if I leave the partition intact rescue, installing Xubuntu to / dev/sda2. I am sure that Asus was working with a more minimalist and what you get by default Xubuntu.

From what I've heard of Xandros is very outdated and not really worth saving, personally I would delete the restore partition and commit fully to the new distribution. If you need a backup of the restore partition, then I think you can utilize a utility for example Clonezilla (or possibly even Gparted?) To copy to another drive.

I have all the disk cloned with dd, so it should be secured. As for Xandros, I concure that it is not aging (update the repository has not had anything new for years), but it works, and if I find an unexpected brick wall with Ubuntu will be good to be able to roll back. I noticed a strange thing to another as I was preparing for change. All my descriptions of the albums to date have been based on what I see booted from USB Xubuntu. However, while the boot into the Xandros installed, both in live root partition, and partition recovery shown by df and mount it as / dev/sda1 (with different sizes). No idea what it might mean.

About the only extra you might want to consider is Jupiter, which can extend battery life and add some extra features to the EEA. When considering a new OS for Asus Fuduntu should consider including this Jupiter and is well suited for netbooks, installation size is less than 4 GB in order to leave enough space to add any accessory!