Thread: Need suggestion about rm command in linux

Need suggestion about rm command in linux

friends, i am using the Ubuntu and for that i am having some question related with this. can here anyone tell the answer about that?? and the question is as::

• if Ubuntu is going to run the "rm" command then what is means???? i meant to say that ubuntu is easily corrupted more easily that Windows or other operational system???

please reply me back if here anyone have the proper suggestion about this.

Re: Need suggestion about rm command in linux

i dont know that whey they have blocked this commands, but for this i can suggets you that you can also try with the pick a bunch of commands that breaks the system and put a advice that they will ruin the system if executed and this will give as::
    user@pc:~$<dangerous command>
    Run this command will ruin your system, do you really want to execute it any way?(Y/N)

Yes, i also agree with that because if i am going to try with this command at that time it might happens that I might want to ruin my system or do anything I want to with my system. and also let me tell you that Stopping people doing what they like this is not the way of working the linux...

No, let me clear here that i don't want to block the command. here i want to do this only because of i just want to put a message that this command will ruin your system, and also not give the choice for the cancel the action will solve the problem. i want to do this all things because anyone that is new on Linux can be fooled by anyone with the minimum knowledge of pyton script. and i have also tried with the searching for this, and i get that they don't put this command with "sudo" in a terminal.

According to me, i would like to say here that Linux working as a community as it does. and also i am here to say that bomb scripts usually get flagged as such and pulled pretty sharpish. for e.g: damaging code uploaded to gnome-look.

YEs, i agree with that, this is because there is always the potential for an unskilled malicious helping hand before a mod could intervene. this thing i have taken as the the code. but here i am not getting that what to do now? can I check every line of code that I download? i am telling this things because i have a reasonable serving of commonsense and trust in the community, it is repos and humanity of others. but i am sure that this things not make the linux any less secure than windows.

HEy all, thanks for suggesting me about this. now i get some idea about this, before this i was not having any type of the idea related with that but now i came to know about that. thanks again for telling me about that all things.

Ok, here if you are thinking to know about the rm command in linux then for that i will tell you that we use this for removing a file whose name starts with a `-', for example `-joo, use one of these commands:

Code:
     rm -- -joo 
        rm ./-joo
    and also if you are using the rm for removing the file then at that time it is also possible to recover the contents of that file.