Thread: 2 same updates are trying to install at every shutdown in windows 7.

2 same updates are trying to install at every shutdown in windows 7.

i have a Lenovo T500 which runs on Windows 7and at the time of shutting down, it always tries to install 2 updates. It usually refers to the "do not turn off your machine" procedure following to the shut down. after having a restart after some time hardly some minutes, 2 updates are occurring once more. This is occurring more than a a week. i have performed on turning on both Microsoft and Lenovo automatic update. after doing these several times, still at the time of going to have an install of updates for file, nothing displays.please suggest me some options for doing this. your help is appreciated in this case.

re: 2 same updates are trying to install at every shutdown in windows 7.

as i don't have an idea about the type of update you are trying to install, i cant find out. ok i can say some common things for the time being. the first Step to do this is to run the Windows update troubleshooter. you can find this on windows site. first of all you need to determine whether the update was installed.To do this, make use from the following methods.
    Method 1: make a try for Reviewing the installation history to do this, follow the below steps mentioned:
    1. first click to Start<All Programs<Windows Update or Microsoft Update.
    2. when you reach on site, click to the review your update history.
    3. find the most recent one entry for the specific update.
    4. the icon in the Status column should be noted.the update is installed when the icon appears to be green, and If red, the update was not able to install.

the second method to do this is,

• try to have an examination of the installation of log file.have a Note of one thing that this method is appicable only to updates for Windows and not for Office as it does not create this log file.
    • To have an examination the proper installation of log file, click Start< and in the Run command prompt type %Windir%\KBnnnnnn.log, click enter.
    • If an entry that is same as that of the following is present, the update was installed.

i think your operating system has gone corrupted, so the problem subsists as per your side. try for an installation of new and fresh operating system of windows, and you will never get this issue back. after that try for your antivirus program to just test the updates. if your problem occurs, in this case, you should have an another antivirus installed for this case.

i will provide some information about the troubleshooting of the problem if the update was not able to install.appearance of red icon is an marking of an error message signifies that the update on the update Web site, was not installed. so for this you should make a search for the installation error code which is present in the Windows Update Troubleshooter. after this try to have a fix over the known issues
    there can be following issues at the time of having an install
    • There is failure of update installation.
    • The system keeps reminding to install this update even if you have already made an install of it.
    • There is loading issue of your desktop.

if the update was installed and you are having problems yet i can get into it. use the listed methods to resolve the problem.when you have installed the update at least three times. make use of each method and then proceed further. go to the next step after being tried with the first. try updating your computer after having a reset of your Windows Update components. To have a reset over the Windows Update components automatically, press the Fix it button.In the File Download dialog box, press Run , following to the steps in the Fix it wizard.

if suppose you are not able to log on to the computer which has the issue, save the Fix it solution to an external device such as flash drive or a CD and afterward make an run on the system which is occupied with the issue.

Have a scan of your system for viruses and malicious software. you can perform this by the Microsoft Safety Scanner.it will remove all the viruses and other malicious software rooted.

I suppose that you should enter in a safe mode and there you will find yourself with the particular answer. you have either been with encountered with viruses which are attempting for updates and if a similar problem persists, it shows the updates of the similar type. i should recommend that you have an instal of other antivirus program. firstly say to it that, it is updated already. and you will not be faced with no longer updates.

Re: 2 same updates are trying to install at every shutdown in windows 7.

if not getting finally you can have help by contacting Microsoft Product support easy steps to do this are, to Click Start, and in All Programs, have a click on Windows Update.you will find link on get help and support, after that just follow the instructions given to you.