Thread: Windows 8 and XP boot manager

Windows 8 and XP boot manager

I really need some suggestion from you people. I have installed Windows 8 recently to my computer and then I also attempt to install the Windows XP to it. I think that the Windows XP boot manager have over right the Windows 8 boot manager. Whenever I start the computer then it starts with the Windows XP directly. This is very weird as I have done dual booting many of the times but that runs without any issue but this time I am not able to guess the reason for this problem. Other than this also give me some more information about the Windows 8 as I am very new to this. Please help me.

Re: Windows 8 and XP boot manager

I think that there is some problem with the installation of the Windows XP that you have installed in your computer. So just delete the partition where you have installed the Windows XP and recreate the partition.

The boot loader of Windows 8 will have a new user interface, such Metro, where the user can restore and upgrade the system, or choose which of the installed boot. do not know if Microsoft will implement further functions in the same until the release in October 2012.There is another change that we can already seen that Windows 8 have to see the popular "blue screen" (BSOD) that we fear. The new platform will continue to show a screen with blue background. There is only reveal with a smiley and a message that reports an error and that need to restart your computer.

Having two different operating systems on the same machine that is also known as dual boot is nothing but the dual-boot between these two systems is through a choice while the initial phase, to begin either the systems. The partition or hard disk where Windows 7 will be installed a minimum capacity of 16 GB (minimum recommended by Microsoft for 32-bit version), but do not hesitate to let Windows 7 is deployed on a much greater capacity, if it is having room.

First, we summarize what are the basic steps involved in which a computer startup. Turning physics -> Starting the BIOS -> Starting the Boot Loader -> Starting the operating system. The BIOS or firmware, the software is installed by the manufacturer and depends on the motherboard. It generally remains unchanged but it is still suffering a few rare update to fix bugs or add features. The BIOS performs preliminary checks of the computer (RAM, CPU, etc ...) and then starts the boot loader that can be customized by the user (who runs Linux, for example, uses Grub). The boot loader contains the list of operating systems installed on the PC hard disk and references. If we have more than one allows us to choose which to boot. It is usually controllable by keyboard only, with a classical basic DOS screen.

All these steps make it slow to boot the PC, but Microsoft has worked hard to speed up the boot , reaching impressive results. Microsoft has raised the level of the boot loader software, making it more comprehensive and complex, graphically nice, controllable with the mouse or touch. The new Boot Loader is also configurable and able to automatically resolve most common boot problems (without necessarily having to resort to Windows DVD).

We focus attention now on the Secure Boot, which is a security protocol defined by the new UEFI standards. Microsoft is always criticized for the security of its operating systems, known to be targets of threats, and is working hard to ensure more protection to its users, such as occurred with UAC. Microsoft has decided to support Secure Boot, allowing manufacturers to set up a software to check digital signatures, so as to totally eliminate these security issues related to rootkits and other malware to sneak in the delicate boot sector.

It should be noted that the use of Secure Boot also prevents the installation unsigned other Windows systems with the same key configured by the OEM manufacturer.