Thread: Software compatibility list of Windows 8

Software compatibility list of Windows 8

I am starting this thread over here so that we can list some games and software which are compatible with windows 8 x64 to be run on the computer. I am sure that this thread will be helpful to all the other users who are searching for the same.

Re: Software compatibility list of Windows 8

Almost all the softwares which are compatible with the Windows 7 will be compatible with the Windows 8 as well. I don't think that there will be any problem to run those softwares on Windows 8. I have not started to use the Windows 8 by now but I am thinking to install that with a dual boot with Windows XP. If you face any problem in installing or running any of the softwares in Windows 8 then you can surely post that over here and we will try to get that solved.

One of the things that Microsoft has tried to ensure in recent years is the backward compatibility of their platforms. Of course, the result has been far from perfect, and there is a huge list of hardware and software has stopped working from a Windows to another. However, in regard to general applications, it is common to find good results, although the current state of Windows 8 is very elementary and users should expect to encounter some problems. On this occasion, I have chosen to download some copies of popular freeware to see how they react during installation and operation in the new environment.

The spearhead within the maintenance facilities was our primary reference for obvious reasons. There are issues through Temporary Registration as well as purge which are still exists within the Windows 8 but we are glad that CCleaner was installed and functions without any problem. The single asterisk on the record is not recognized Internet Explorer 10 between applications but that should be relatively simple to fix in future releases.

I have also installed the Windows 8 to my computer and have used many of the software with this and none of those software shows me any issue with that.

We could have installed the Windows Live Messenger here, but the idea was to prevent native Microsoft software (with the exception of the same Windows 8, of course) and working with code developed by third parties. I would like to tell you that the Pidgin needs GTK as well as the package to function, ideal for studying closely the working of the Windows 8 at the time of download, install as well as configure. There is no problem with Pidgin and that functions worked so well as normal.

I wish to give some highlight detail for 7-Zip that is to be run in Administrator mode if you want compression extensions associated with this program. This happens in Windows 7 and found exactly the same restriction on Windows 8, although this led us to discover something: Running a program within the administrator mode is very inconvenient under Metro. You can choose the application and then click "Advanced" and select the choice available to execute through the advance privileges.

I think that Windows 7 will also include the Internet Explorer 10 but you must try with some of the other available browsers to test that once if it is running properly or not.

The best option for Windows 8 is obviously a dedicated PC that allows you to take advantage of hardware acceleration. Alternatively, you can create a dual boot system by following one of the many guides found on the Net. A virtualization software requires more hardware resources, so you may want an Intel or AMD recently, at least 4 GB of RAM and enough space on hard disk (16 GB for 32-bit version, 20 GB for the 64 bits). The software is compatible with Windows 8.

List of Compatible Softwares:
    • Resource Hacker 3.5.2.84
    • Bitche 1.0 build 60
    • Tim Cotter Wave MT835UP
    • Game Maker Pro 8.0
    • Audacity 1.3
    • Next Opera 11:50
    • IrfanView 4.28
    • VLC Media Player 1.2.0
    • Opera Mobile 10
    • Maxthon 3.0.24.1000

With problems
    • Blusoleil 8 (a sudden system crash)

Not compatible (at least on my PC)
    • Microsoft Office 14 (installation error)
    • Microsoft Expression Studio 4 (installation error)
    • Jad Maker 1.21

Users can also access Windows 8 titles for the Xbox 360. Console to run programs, players must put the message loud the DVD into the drive of your PC, but also be a member of a paid online service that will probably be some connection to Xbox Live.