Thread: How to Disable Metro in Windows 8

How to Disable Metro in Windows 8

hello friends here I am just need some help. I am running windows 8 and have Metro enabled. anyone have any idea how can I disable this? I know its really nice feature but now I just need to disable this. so someone please have any idea about this?

Re: How to Disable Metro in Windows 8

Did you install Windows 8 but the new interface Metro causes you a headache? Well you say that to me it's the same, do not need it as well, which is intended for users with touch screens "touch screen", which most do not have, these screens with the tablets.

So your idea is to disable the interface in Windows 8 Metro. Here I give you the steps to do that:

1. Open the Windows Registry.
    2. Go to the following key: HKLM / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Explorer
    3. Change the value of key "RPEnabled" "1" which is by default a "0".
    4. Close the registry editor and restart immediately.

A warning for those adventurers: Some users have problems to login again, having to re-install Windows 8.

I have not had any problems with this change, but it is worth warn you be careful. The result is an interface "Windows 7". In addition to a curious text on your desktop where Microsoft announced that can fire you for making changes in the operating system. Nothing to worry about.

With Metro controller can switch off all the new features or disable Metro characteristics while keeping just Ribbon Explorer. while either alternative is selected, restart the system to apply the changes. In the next image, you can see the old Windows 7 Start Menu and Windows Explorer user interface of the tape. To enable the new features of the metropolitan area, click the same option and restart the system. For a few users, the change can be immediate. You have to restart or log off and log back on to see the changes. If you do not see it, then reboot.

While not long ago that we can test the new system of Microsoft , many users noticed strange new interface Metro in Windows 8. Aimed at computers with touch screen or tablet pc's can be uncomfortable for daily use. This is why many choose to disable the new interface option and seeing Windows 8.

One of the biggest changes in Windows 8 is the interface and application interface metro.Con Metro file mark on the home screen. But if you feel more comfortable with the interface of Windows 7, you can disable the Windows user interface MetroController 8 meters with a program to download. You have two alternatives, the first one is to disable all the new features obtainable in Windows 8, including the ribbon interface, lock screen, home screen meter, and so on. The second alternative is to disable all functions retaining only metro the user interface of the tape.

I am scared to mess with the registry because I messed up a computer at school when playing with the registry (I had the teacher's permission- it was a computer class). I eventually fixed it (yes- me, not the teacher), but I am still nervous about this stuff.