Thread: Programs missing after installing Windows 8

Programs missing after installing Windows 8

I just newly install windows 8 in my PC and its runs very well. but after that when I check few of programs, and I am just shocked that I cant found that. like I just start music player and audio is gone. even while I open start menu, icons gone from there. and some more programs are missing from my pc. so please anyone have any idea why this is happened or any way to recover all?

Re: Programs missing after installing Windows 8

hey friend here is way you can reactive your previous start menu. for this you just have to change the registry key: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" and change the value RPEnabled from "1" to "0".

I simply install the latest version of Windows. Now I can not locate audio or blows some of the HP software that comes with the machine (ie, software that keep the machine up with the updates). How I can reinstall these? Is there a url to download? I had no DVD or CD with my machine.

in your audio case I think the problem is with your drivers. maybe your current audio driver not support with windows 8. so I must suggest to reinstall supported drivers. after that see if your audio work properly or not.

I get error messages when I try to run install audio drivers. "The hardware detected is not compatible with this IDT software package." The system was with the windows 7 64 bit machine. I'm running the developer preview of Windows. Do you know why there would be no error with the facilities? he says that the hardware detected is not compatible with this software package for RTD. This facility will be put on my headphones aborted.When on the laptop there is nothing coming out. His other mistake I would like to fix, speakers of the machine works fine however.

just try to run it in a compatibility mode.you can't suppose the drivers to work well after switching to Windows 8. So, just visit the hp support page, and than choose your model and download the driver for your PC (make sure you are downloading the proper bit version, 32 or 64) then right click it->properties->compatibility->windows 7.