Thread: Windows 8 File Associations

Windows 8 File Associations

I have some problem with my File Associations. my File Associations not working properly. my media files all the time ask to open with what program even though I previously made an association with the program. so anyone help me in this case?

Re: Windows 8 File Associations

Windows is able to unlock files with the associated software or programs that are installed on the Windows operating system. The Windows operating system files will be stated and automatically associate the files that are well matched to open in the appropriate software. If a file is downloaded or not recognized by the Windows operating system can be unlocked in the appropriate software, if we know about the file, otherwise you can check online to learn more about the files to find the appropriate software. If the operating system identifies the specific file extension is the type known then associate the software to open the file and also partner software icon files.

On the Set Associations of the program, a list of software can be unlocked with the chosen software. You can choose any file extension, choose the Select All and click the Save button to alter the default file association to another program. If you wish to unlock some files and after that choose the individual file extension and click the Save button to change the file association. one time the modification is done now the extension of the file has been modified will open in the selected software.

The cause of this problem lnk file may have been caused by a virus or malware or using a program record type cleaner or just some kind of failure as a bad uninstall of a program that deletes a registry entry to correct the error. It is difficult to pin point what might have caused. Lnk_fix_w7.reg That file you downloaded and merged into the record of putting the proper registry keys in the registry again.

File Associations is very similar to the Statement of Protocol. Similar in a way that states an operating system on any statement that is utilized to unlock your application. What this statement should not be familiar to most Windows users, since it has been a part of the system from the beginning. Each file extension can be associated with a particular application that can manage the contents of that file. The majority text editors, for instance, knowing how to handle files with. Txt formats such as. Jpg,. Png, bmp y., are handled by the graphics applications as Paint or Photoshop, etc.

File Associations Declaration to declare the file extension (s) that your application will be able to handle. It may be an existing, known as the. Txt, or you can reach your own extension and / or file format and record it. For this example, I will declare two extensions -. Jpg (known graphic format extension, and jpgx -. An extension made to serve only as an example of this blog) - my sample application shows the same picture viewer for both extensions.

To remove the file associations, which is a simple tool that allows us to choose any form of Windows file association. Its use is very easy, just find the file type and delete the association you have with the program that opens. The small program is a filter that allows you to search different file extensions.