Thread: Ubuntu 11.10 on Asus k53v

Ubuntu 11.10 on Asus k53v

I am using an asus k53u laptop and two days before i installed Ubuntu 11.10 on it. It installed successfully on my laptop. Now i found few things on it. This is when i try to boot my laptop with this ubuntu 11.10 suddenly it gives problem. Sometimes it didn't install Gnome Shell or Bumblebee-ui on it. when i try to do this task, it goes failure. also it doesn't detect my Ethernet card. Hence i am not able to connect my laptop to the internet for surfing internet sites. Need most useful help to do this task. Thanks.

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 on Asus k53v

The correct driver for your Ethernet card is necessary to make proper connections. you need to check this device driver and locate its valuable result on your system. YOu need to find out such compatible Ethernet driver for your Ubuntu system. This iwll be work to fix your connectivity problem. Try this reinsertion or upgrade of LAN driver task on your Asus k53v laptop. If you do this task, then only you got best result onto it. Otherwise you got such kind of connectivity issues. Try it and check its result.

Quote Originally Posted by ADDISON View Post
    The correct driver for your Ethernet card is necessary to make proper connections. you need to check this device driver and locate its valuable result on your system. YOu need to find out such compatible Ethernet driver for your Ubuntu system. This iwll be work to fix your connectivity problem. Try this reinsertion or upgrade of LAN driver task on your Asus k53v laptop. If you do this task, then only you got best result onto it. Otherwise you got such kind of connectivity issues. Try it and check its result.
    I suggest you different solutions that might be helpful for you. From the apps launcher goto Network Connections >> Wireless Tab >> Choose your network from the list and click edit. afetr that edit the security setting of your wireless connection on this laptop. this will be work to improve your system performance. Try it and check its valuable result on your system. This is well for you and it works to fix your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAHAR View Post
    I suggest you different solutions that might be helpful for you. From the apps launcher goto Network Connections >> Wireless Tab >> Choose your network from the list and click edit. afetr that edit the security setting of your wireless connection on this laptop. this will be work to improve your system performance. Try it and check its valuable result on your system. This is well for you and it works to fix your problem.
    If you want to use graphic cards in Ubuntu, you need to install Bumblebee or Ironhide. This is necessary for making the connections with the graphics card and the ubuntu system. Try it ansd check its performance on your laptop system. This is well for you to make the proper connections with this video card and the ubuntu system. Remember one think here. Before doing any installation, make sure ASUS k53v system has no Optimus. If there is not any optimus then only you got this graphics card connectivity with your laptop. then only this installed Bumblebee works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessalyn View Post
    If you want to use graphic cards in Ubuntu, you need to install Bumblebee or Ironhide. This is necessary for making the connections with the graphics card and the ubuntu system. Try it ansd check its performance on your laptop system. This is well for you to make the proper connections with this video card and the ubuntu system. Remember one think here. Before doing any installation, make sure ASUS k53v system has no Optimus. If there is not any optimus then only you got this graphics card connectivity with your laptop. then only this installed Bumblebee works well.
    if you thinks about your system after installing ubuntu 11.10 OS, laptop makes connectivity problem. it might be possible that the port connectivity has been missing in such situations. You need to configure your port setting on this to do such kind of task on it. This is well for you to set the connectivity of the ubuntu with previously installed external cards.