Thread: Ubuntu will be soon available for Mobiles and Tablets

Ubuntu will be soon available for Mobiles and Tablets

hi guys i have a great new for the Ubuntu fan now you will be able to use the Linux-based operating system on the mobile and tablet platform to

i saw this on internet feel to share this with you there was also mentioned that this is a free and open source operating system . the major competitors are google android OS . there was also mentioned the company is look like to longer term goal of expanding the all platform like computing platforms, including mobile phones, tablet devices and also smart TVs . but we still have to wait a while as company is on the process to finished and it will only after that the company will work on the mobile and tablet platform so you guys will like to add something on this that we don't know is this new true or its just another rumor kindly help us know this

Re: Ubuntu will be soon available for Mobiles and Tablets

that is the great news Ubuntu is coming in to the market of mobile and tablet but as a Ubuntu user i would like to request the linux that they should first fix the Desktop Interface Unity and then step to new market

yeah you are absolutely correct no doubt this is the great new but instead of giving competition to the well established Android market they should better make a separate segment i dont think that challenging to the Android is a good idea

this was expected til will be there net move

and like lfc said there are many stuff that is not proper on the current unity that include a few problems wut the opera is not properly rendered as the time of using the composition

and but the way as said above post they should first rectify the Desktop Interface Unity in fact i believe it should be completely removed i really hate it

what is the sitch on relelease od this os by the way i was just wondering that is this both iOS nad android are based on the Linux . what is the stock bare bone version?

i really dont get any of this i have use the ubuntu for an hour at most online

Quote Originally Posted by Devarsi View Post
    what is the sitch on relelease of this os by the way i was just wondering that is this both iOS nad android are based on the Linux . what is the stock bare bone version?

i really dont get any of this i have use the ubuntu for an hour at most online
    the OS X has the base of BSD and in turn the iOS is based on the OS X plus the android is based on the Linux kernel however i belive that it got changed from the main branch. beside i dont thisnk that the unity is that wost although i presume that while their attempt to copy the MAC look has really hamperd their quality , Gnome was so very great i hope that they do not make use of the unity in the mobile and tablet version

i have no idea what is the matter with the linux because after the ubuntu 10.10, the every OS got poorer in quality . And the unity interface is really frustrating

that okay i hope the Ubuntu mobiles platform gives cheaper pricing

i believe the current situation is not that bad soem alteration will relly get things going the ting s like
    • disabling autohide of the launcher
    • reducing its size

this will make it atleast useable as gnome 2 only reparing the usability problem theu are good to go . i really hop ethat the Ubuntu should use the grome 3 as it has the better enviroment that will absolutly suited for tablets.

sounds really good and this will make the company like Symbian, iOS and all force them to think out of the box however i this Android will stay longer , and it is there to live long not less than next 10-20 years

i am sorry as i dont agree to you about the android going to rule as i presonnaly feels that it is the most power eating mobile OS .

i want to say this as i am not sure where i did saw this but there was mentioned that in the future may be the device like mobile and tablet will be sold wit no OS installed in then and user can later put any os of his cjoice later as he wish i think this is the first step toward that

that is actually the great concept mobile with No OS and freedom to select the among Android, Tizen/Meego, WP7, and others that great it will probably gave us the freedom of have a dual boot