Thread: Automatic removal of flags in OS X Lion Mail upon deleting a message

Automatic removal of flags in OS X Lion Mail upon deleting a message

I love that items marked in the mail from Lion now appear together, classified by color, Notices category. However, when I observe a particular color flag, all messages, including items in my trash folder, they appear there. Is there a way to have mail automatically take away the flag when you delete a message, or, alternatively, you can filter the banners folder of reminders to not show deleted messages from the trash?

Re: Automatic removal of flags in OS X Lion Mail upon deleting a message

Why not open the trash folder and remove the items there? With that folder open, press Command + A (choose All) and then push the Delete key.

Technically, that would work, but does not help me with my workflow. I get dozens if not hundreds of emails a day. Many of them are basically "to do" items. I flag them as they come in the processing of my convenience at the end of the day and as I delete process (but not necessarily want to delete them forever. You might necessitate referring to them at some time during the next thirty days). When I go to my flag, I see a list of messages that are still "pending" or not marked for deletion. I am looking for a one-step approach to make my workflow more efficient. I could empty the trash, or I could remove the flag before deleting. Anyway, this is an additional step. I wish I had an option to "remove the flag due to suppression" or otherwise filter the elements of the flag to hide items that are in my Trash folder.

thanks for your reply.today i have reported this trouble to apple support team. i explained them my difficulty which i am facing.waiting for their reply.Hope they resolve my trouble as soon as possible