Thread: After installing OS X Lion, finder unable to keep the preferences set

After installing OS X Lion, finder unable to keep the preferences set

Since installing OSX Lion. My browser will not preserve the set of preferences, for example, "a new Finder window opens" random returns to the startup folder, even though time and again I have configured for applications. I removed the plist and reset the parameters, however once more it keeps changing. Any suggestion

Re: After installing OS X Lion, finder unable to keep the preferences set

If not, delete the plist file once more, then open a terminal session and type>kill all Finder. After "return" of the press and attempt to set your Preferences once more.

Since noticing the trouble with the Finder, other preferred options and their failure to save now been revealed. As above, the Finder will not save my preference for open applications, repeated defaults Folder .no matter how often I change it, save it, repair, remove plist, attempt a command terminal, etc.

Another difficulty I noticed is my panel clocks changing. For example. I got to London and I return to it, and for some reason is shown Amsterdam? And another issue I noticed is Launchpad icons, and moves them all in alphabetical order so that the order corresponds to my list of applications and each time I have moved again.

My operating system is a clean install of Lion and, since my partner also has a clean install of lion on your machine is experiencing similar troubles with the preferences, I feel justified in assuming that this is a problem of Lion and not the hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia! View Post
    Since noticing the trouble with the Finder, other preferred options and their failure to save now been revealed. As above, the Finder will not save my preference for open applications, repeated defaults Folder .no matter how often I change it, save it, repair, remove plist, attempt a command terminal, etc.

Another difficulty I noticed is my panel clocks changing. For example. I got to London and I return to it, and for some reason is shown Amsterdam? And another issue I noticed is Launchpad icons, and moves them all in alphabetical order so that the order corresponds to my list of applications and each time I have moved again.

My operating system is a clean install of Lion and, since my partner also has a clean install of lion on your machine is experiencing similar troubles with the preferences, I feel justified in assuming that this is a problem of Lion and not the hardware.
    Well, I had that issue even in Snow leopard. Have you tried unchecking following setting.

Code:
    System Prefs > Date & Time

Quote Originally Posted by Phalguni88 View Post
    Well, I had that issue even in Snow leopard. Have you tried unchecking following setting.

Code:
    System Prefs > Date & Time
    Yes, my "Set Time Auto" is selected in accordance with your suggestion and has been for some months due to my move regularly. Just spoke to apple support team. I hope I will get fix soon from apple