Thread: Fast User Switching crashes in OS X Lion with Screensaver

Fast User Switching crashes in OS X Lion with Screensaver

I have "iMac, 4GB RAM, 1 TB HD, Intel 3.06 GHz Nvidia video card. Quick Setup switches to enable people to access their mail instantly, Internet browsing and basic things .no major applications/ superior performance at times when a user logs on , and return to the home screen and set up screen saver. Although hard power reset and reboot your drive. Each time this happens I can reset the RAM parameter in case and run an fsck and before rebooting.

Rebooting does not work. Lion crashed on startup and I had to do hard power once more. Extremely annoying, for the reason that this cannot be good for the health of files and HD.Anyone have similar troubles?

Re: Fast User Switching crashes in OS X Lion with Screensaver

The same goes for me with the Mac Mini 2009. I had a power cycle of machining the power button several times. The screen turns gray and does not recover.

I have imac with five user accounts, three of which are regularly used. It happens all the time, but most of the time. If users log off, instead of trying to change logins, or switch to the screen, looks a bit more stable.

My MacBook 15 works only have one account that is used, so that you cannot know if this would be happening.

Just had the difficulty again after many detours suggested work. This time, a user connected to the left, went to switch users on the Logon screen and wheel of death. Had to hard boot the entire machine and reboot.

Common application that are running in the background each time for the reason that I'm using iTunes Home Sharing to stream content to an Apple TV - And the make use of of the remote application to stream music to Apple Airport Express at home. ITunes could be the trouble?

I have the trouble when it comes to quickly switch to another user. The annoying thing is that beach balls password dialog, and you cannot press the "Cancel" X. However, I establish that keyboard input still passes all the way through, so if you know Ctrl + F2 selects the Apple menu, you can cursor down to close the session, which usually works and cancels the change the user. If it hangs on the login screen, then I do not know what to do there. You can switch to another space and then be able to click on things again.

Not sure what is causing it, but I'll start to notice when it happens if Time Machine is spinning, and if my friend’s account to register with Flash in Safari running away for the reason that I cannot imagine of anything else happening.

I'm finding the identical trouble (frequently when I attempt to sign a new-fangled user when connected, or switch to an existing logged in user).

That seems to be related in some way to Security Agent - if I connect via ssh and kill the security officers process things "off".

I am also getting the lock. That can be avoided by selecting "start window." from the dropdown list, then select the user from there instead of from the dropdown menu.

I had the same difficulty on my Mini age 10.6 (I was 4 years old, so I ignored). But my new MacMini (Oct 2011) with 10.7.1 does too. I have set energy-saving than ever, and disabled the screen saver. Then I log into two accounts, as soon as one is disconnected from the beach ball is there. I found a solution - press the power button and put him to sleep, push the space bar and wakes All right (who was doing the identical in 10.6).

I imagine the trouble is with the screen saver, for the reason that when I log off - and the logon screen appears after some time of the save screen from occurring, nevertheless I have disabled the screen saver with blood - because I want all of my application CPU, but still attracts the clouds mathematics (and slows down my work in the background). Besides the screen saver, there is no way to log in again in general. Bizarrely, the applications continue to work in the background, MP4 encoding or synchronization with the Apple TV (1 st generation). Just to observe the screen is not probable. Another way is to allow SSH (remote login) and restart remotely via command line. Due to extinguish a running operating system is not a high-quality explanation!

Pressing the power button to put the machine to sleep and then wake up is not an alternative for me. I have no beach ball of death, nevertheless a kernel panic. I have the black display that tells me to shut down and reboot the system.

Turned iTunes off before switching between accounts and everything seems to work fine now. No screen saver issues just freezing spin wheel after switching to a new user. Also if the pin wheel starts spinning and you shift it to the user in the menu bar like you are going to switch once more it seems to stop the pin wheel. Hope this helps

Lion eventually executed. I can switch users without having to go to the login panel and then expect that the system will crash. If I go to the login panel or directly from one user to another, with the mounted volume Boot Camp, I have not crashed even once.