Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to install Mac OS X Lion via target disk mode

Operating Systems

Old 21-11-2011

How to install Mac OS X Lion via target disk mode

I was having troubles with my iMac, so I determined I was going to clean, and reinstall the lion. I have a USB installation, nevertheless when I attempt to install from disk, just keeps saying "a mistake occurred during installation. Attempt once more later. This mistake occurs almost without delay after the installation process begins. I wondered if I could connect my iMac via target disk mode on my computer at home and the Lion installation from there.

Old 21-11-2011

Re: How to install Mac OS X Lion via target disk mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkshuL View Post
I was having troubles with my iMac, so I determined I was going to clean, and reinstall the lion. I have a USB installation, nevertheless when I attempt to install from disk, just keeps saying "a mistake occurred during installation. Attempt once more later. This mistake occurs almost without delay after the installation process begins. I wondered if I could connect my iMac via target disk mode on my computer at home and the Lion installation from there.
Attempt first. Booting commencing from USB installer in Mac OS X Lion. Menu main choose Disk Utility and click the carry on button.
Old 21-11-2011

Drive Preparation:
Under the heading Volume system regulate the number of partitions from the drop down to one. Choose the volume you just formed from the list on the left. Eliminate tab in DU main window. Set the format type to Mac OS comprehensive Click the Security button, choose the button for Zero Data and click OK to return to the erasing window. Click the remove button. The formatting procedure might take up to several hours depending on the size of the unit.
Old 21-11-2011

If this does not work, then you can clone your computer system Lion house through target disk mode by starting up the iMac in TDM then using the disk utility to clone your home system of the iMac.

Boot to the Recovery HD:
Reboot the PC and after the bell press and seize Command-R until the menu display. Furthermore, reboot your PC and after the chime press and hold down the alternative key until the bootloader display appears. Choose the hard drive recovery and tick the arrow button down.
Old 21-11-2011

Choose Disk Utility from the main menu .Choose the destination volume from the list .Tick the Restore tab in the DU main window.Erase destination. Choose the destination volume from the left side list and drag it to the target input field. Choose the source volume of the left side list and drag it to the input field of origin. Restore
Old 21-11-2011

I went to my office to my computer (I could not wait!), and tried to re-install as you have described above as well with no luck. I tried the option clone, but my target drive is too small, so it was a no-go too. Unless you have any suggestions, I think I'm going to the Genius Bar

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,