Thread: How to retrieve windows 7 key on Lenovo ThinkPad T400

How to retrieve windows 7 key on Lenovo ThinkPad T400

I buy this Lenovo ThinkPad T400 laptop in last week and now I want to do some serious task onto it. sticker is worn out on this laptop system and hence I decided to do some serious on it. in that I try to just retrieve the windows 7 key onto it. need meaningful information that works to fix this retrieving windows 7 key issue. I’m waiting valuable reply.

Re: How to retrieve windows 7 key on Lenovo ThinkPad T400

You can simply try Activation Backup and Restore software on this windows 7 system. For doing this task, follow below mentioned instructions:
    • First you need to download and extract this downloaded file.
    • Then double click on activation_backup.exe file.
    • Then you need to save the backup files in secure locations.
    • Reinstall windows 7 and restore activation by running "activation_restore.exe" file.

This will be work to fix your retrieve win 7 key problem.

Make sure you download the Windows 7 Beta version! if yes then only try this simple Activation Backup and Restore software on your windows 7. This is really necessary on Lenovo system. On January 7, 2009, the 64-bit version of the Windows 7 Beta (build 7000) was leaked onto the web. You can easily get this OS with the help of the laptop system. Hence try this thing and check what result arrives onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoldo View Post
    Make sure you download the Windows 7 Beta version! if yes then only try this simple Activation Backup and Restore software on your windows 7. This is really necessary on Lenovo system. On January 7, 2009, the 64-bit version of the Windows 7 Beta (build 7000) was leaked onto the web. You can easily get this OS with the help of the laptop system. Hence try this thing and check what result arrives onto it.
    The same kind of problem arrives onto my laptop system. Then I did a full reinstall of Windows 7 two times using an OEM disk and verified it. The Windows OEM Preinstallation Kit (Windows OPK) is a set of tools and it is specially designed for such kind of task. Hence I would be saying that try to do things complex task and within this process, you can also take help of the official site expert person. With the help of this OEM disk I was able to fix my issue. You can also try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.

The key on the MS sticker should NOT be the same as the OEM pre activated key every pc has a different sticker key. Hence I would be say that try to directly contact to the official Microsoft support staff and get full information about this sticker key. This is necessary for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalguni88 View Post
    The key on the MS sticker should NOT be the same as the OEM pre activated key every pc has a different sticker key. Hence I would be say that try to directly contact to the official Microsoft support staff and get full information about this sticker key. This is necessary for you.
    The pre-activated Win 7 key in the factory installation on a ThinkPad is NOT an OEM key. Hence I wouldn’t be sure that this OEM key helps to do this complex task. The downloaded zip version file is a zipped version of that OEM key, for those who might run into a problem downloading .exe files. You need to check this thing and locate what result arrives onto it.

Activation Backup and Restore is a command-line tool, so it should work from the command line. Hence I would be say that try to boot your laptop and then press F8 immediately onto it. In the next step you need to press command line with networking options. In this mode, try to execute this Activation Backup and Restore software and its related instructions. I am sure that this will be work to fix your complex problem. this is the best way that works to fix such complex troubles onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAHAR View Post
    Activation Backup and Restore is a command-line tool, so it should work from the command line. Hence I would be say that try to boot your laptop and then press F8 immediately onto it. In the next step you need to press command line with networking options. In this mode, try to execute this Activation Backup and Restore software and its related instructions. I am sure that this will be work to fix your complex problem. this is the best way that works to fix such complex troubles onto it.
    Sounds certainly similar to ACPI matter, I would give confidence you install the newest BIOS update to see it fix such troubles or not. BIOS update on this retrieve windows 7 key fix immediately. Hence try this and check its valuable response.

Check under the battery compartment, obviously you would need to remove the battery first. In some cases, such simple solution has been work to fix kind of troubles arriving on this Lenovo system. You need to directly unplug the battery supply onto it. This will be work to fix your complicated problems onto it. Hence try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it. if it not make any difference you need to contact the official site expert person. Expert helps to fix these complex troubles. Try this and check what result arrives onto it.