Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Freezes Unknown Reason

Windows 7 Freezes Unknown Reason

hi,
    When I upgraded to Windows 7 64, with fresh install, I installed 64 bit drivers for everything. And everything will work flawlessly. Well I have some freeze up issues going on since installlating windows 7. The computer will freeze up sometimes when I first boot up the computer,i simply reboot the computer and I get through usually the next time. Applications run fine though...anyone know what might cause this to happen?

Re: Windows 7 Freezes Unknown Reason

hi,
    Try to turn down the graphics.For instance, turn down the refresh rate and/or the resolution to see if that works. If it does, then slowly bring them back up until you find the best settings.

Not quite sure if this helps now but I had a similar problem and I thought that it was the Beta Version that I have,then i did a complete system rebuild and fully formated my drive and now it has been ok. I hope this helps.

Run your antivirus program.One of the first things to do in the case of sudden lockups is to run your antivirus program. Check your antivirus manufacturer's website for updates and latest virus definition files. (This is absolutely necessary, outdated antivirus is not going to be of any use!) If you don't have antivirus software installed - or if updates are unavailable - run one of the web-based antivirus scans that some major antivirus vendors like Trend Micro are offering for free.

Got the same problem... Pc freeze first time i boot it, then if i turn it off and on again everything works ok!

Did you solved!?

thanks!

Dr. V Guest

Check your administrator logs under Event Viewer. There may be a service called Wlan auto-configure, when it is running it's checking every 60 seconds for a better wireless connection.I would be looking at processor and motherboard. Have you overclocked that processor? Checked for BIOS and driver updates for motherboard?

Windows 7 official is yet to be released. It will be releasing tomorrow so wait for the genuine version, then buy it... and you will have no problems...

BIOS and software updated. Windows is official and genuine.
    No Overlock
    RAM test ok
    HARDISK test OK
    NVIDIA HARDWARE UPDATED!

The strange thing is that it only happeneds on the first time i start it up... after one to three rebots it works well!

don't really know why!!!!

May be you need to update your windows then, but while updating don't install all the updates togather, do it one by one, as updates these days also screws your system sometimes...

I think you need to installed bootcamp 3.0. left aero on and then need to disabled bootcamp from startup via system configuration. Also to be sure the driver is installed and working properly go into device manager (type device manager in search) and go to the display tab. Then you need to installed the latest video drivers from nvidia. You device should be listed and shouldn't have a yellow triangle on it. Also check for "unknown" devices elsewhere.

The system is updated!

Windows 7 Freezing randomly its a very mind bogling thing this happen with me many times. After serching for many days in google and many windows 7 blogs. I find the solution that help me and my friend too. So hoping that it will help you guys too.
    First go to control panel--system and security-Action center--Troubleshooting--system and security--power and then click next and then apply the fix in the 1st option it will show power plan set to high performance then close the trobleshooter. Its the fix that works for me and my friends. Now just make sure that your power plan set to High prformance. For that again go to control panel--system and security and if it is in balance set it to high performance due to administritive right it might not set to high performance for the first time. Friends If my fix works Pls let me know.
    Last edited by Rudra; 05-12-2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Do not post Personal Details. Use PM instead...

very very thanks friend,finally i got the perfect solution,now my system starting perfectly without any problems.

Do you have any unknown program installed? That may be causing problems, Windows 7 has the capability to tell you if a program has compatibility issues. If it shows this message for a software, then you should not install the software as this might cause random freezing too...

@santoshroy18:

THANK YOU DUDE, IT HELPED!!! I just registered here to tell you that.
    4 month of freezing and searching for solutions are over. Windows 7 hung up with almost every 2nd start; I always had to restart and nearly gone crazy.
    Now I followed your advice and everything is fine for weeks!! I just had to change an USB- adjustment after that- related with my internet-connection.

Many Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast