Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Sleep and Wake not working on mac os x lion

Operating Systems

Old 17-11-2011

Sleep and Wake not working on mac os x lion

Sleep and Wake is not working on my Mac system. I have to shutdown the system before carrying it. This problem started in few days. Before I always put the mac on sleep. But now it is not responding at all. How to fix this thing. Does it is some kind of power issue. I tried various things to resolve it, but nothing looks to be working. I had also ran latest updates but that also is not helping.

Old 17-11-2011

There are few things that can prevent sleep in your mac system. Like if there is any service or application in your system which is running in the background and it is constantly accessing the hard drive. Then sleep fails to work. If your mouse is moving or its button is pressed then also you can't put the system on sleep. The same is application for keyboard also. I will recommend you to go in System Preferences and checkout all the settings.
Old 17-11-2011

To enable sleep go in System Preferences and checkout the settings of Energy Saver. Just see whether the sleep is not disabled in this. The second thing you have to do is turn off your Bluetooth when you are not using it. Some paired device can prevent system from getting into sleep mode. This issue also occur if spotlight keeps on indexing the content or if there is any sharing service which is actively working in the background.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,