Thread: Random restarting and logging out Linux Mint 11

Random restarting and logging out Linux Mint 11

Has anybody come across an install to this situation? I've been utilizing mint after 9, and I just upgraded to 11 2 weeks in the past, and I've been having this erratic log-out situation unvaryingly. I utilize chromium, but I'm not positive it’s identified with that to any detectable degree, for the reason that in some cases the log-outs happen when I'm finishing something totally random to the web. Case in point, it just happened for me 10 moments back when attempting to open a .rar file with archive manager.

Re: Random restarting and logging out Linux Mint 11

Probably its disconnected, but in common mint 11 has had a considerable measure of GUI glitches for me that I've never viewed heretofore. Here and there following I log-in and the GUI boots up, I'll get a error message maxim that there's a situation with the marker applet (the symbols for web and sound) or frequently the timekeeper on the board. It inquires to erase them. I just erase them, then put them over in the board, and every last item appears to be approve. The aforementioned errors, again, are totally random from what I am able to tell. Likewise, when utilizing wine to run Foxit Phantom, which I've utilized with mint 9 and 10 with no situations, I need to close or minimize each window before beginning the system, or else the toolbar at the top of the foxit apparition window will show up but nothing else. The project will be altogether unresponsive when this happens.

I need to utilize 11 for many sided explanations (that would be why I upgraded in the ahead of all comers!). In any game the extent that the random log-outs are concerned, it appears enjoy different folks are having that issue moreover, so it’s not a detached situation.

I was experiencing irregular log-outs too, until I apprehended I'd disregarded to shut the sliding switch that secured my netbook's battery. As I sorted, the battery moved somewhat, initiating a power dip occasionally and making Mint profit to the log-for screen.

I'm having the precise same situations portrayed by Crash. I've utilized Daryna for a year and Elyssa for a few years, but now I've got a more current laptop and instantly wiped off Windows 7 energetic about Mint 11. Unfortunately, I spot it far buggier than I was utilized to with Elyssa. Applets routinely flop to stack-about 33% of the time something doesn't stack legitimately (for the most part the ticker or volume symbol). Moreover, I'm randomly logged out on mean about once a day as depicted above by others. I don't even utilize Chrome; I utilize Opera about 75% of the time and Firefox the rest, so I don't think the situation needs to do with Chrome. It does appear to happen more with Firefox than with Opera however, but still shows up primarily random and even happens without a browser running. Updates have not influenced the stability in my case.

I've managed with it thusly for several months but will now go for Mint 9. I think I'll stay with it until the following LTS. I really trust Mint can come back to the stability I have been acclimated to.

It appears similar to a Gnome or X Server situation. I'm having this situation when running a Wine system on 2 screens. At me it just happens with the test Nouveau driver; with the official driver for my graphics card its fine.

To start with time it happened I had clicked something in Firefox (I think I was installing an augmentation and clicked "restart Firefox"). Second time I was modifying some settings in the SpiderOak fog reinforcement application. Same symptoms as a considerable number of others in this string: Screen goes dark, then some composing on the screen (I didn't have chance to get what the notes were) then after that the login arouse shows up. I'm utilizing Mint version 11, 64-cycle, on a Lenovo ThinkPad X121e. Both times I was running off the battery storage, if that represents any improvement. The laptop wasn't running smoking or anything similar to that.

I just would have liked to ring in that I moreover have been encountering this situation over the past week. The final several times its happened, I had Google Chrome open on top of LibreWriter and either Pidgin or Thunderbird, and the netbook has been connected to, not running off of battery.